close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My, how prices change.

Discussion in 'AK47' started by shop tom, Oct 11, 2017.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Well we wander here from the topic anyways. My mom wants me to take her to the Walmart today, guess I will see what the prices are today.

2. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I really need to know who your supplier is. I checked with all our distributors and the cheapest I could find any Del-Ton ARs was 389.99 our cost (for the Sport series). The Echos were $409 at our cheapest wholesaler. We could sell the low-end Century ARs for under $500, theoretically, but only if we intended to make $8 on each one sold.

Did you get them on special in a buy _ get _ free special? Can you PM me your wholesaler?

Thanks

3. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

The remade AK47s that came about as a result of Obola edict, seem to work the same as the older ones. No significant improvements or detriments, just higher cost, and less rust. LOL

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

And no canted front sights?

Ten Man likes this.
  5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Describe what you mean by canted. I have to move the sight on mine way off center of barrel to make the POI where I want them, but the sight itself is 90 degrees from the barrel.

6. Big Dog

The "canted sight problem" is a very common problem on a certain batch of AKs built by the drunken assembly monkees at Century Arms International. The sight block is not straight up vertical, but leans to one side. Lucky owners find they can heat the sight block then carefully tweak it back to plumb.

PAPA G likes this.
  7. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Mine must have been made by one of the sober monkeys. It is straight and true.

PAPA G and Big Dog like this.
  8. Big Dog

Yep, their monkeys sometimes botched the CAI CETME rifles too. But luckily, my rifle's monkey was sober too.

PAPA G and Ten Man like this.