Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of my latest Ruger, a New Vaquero 357 mag. 4 5/8" bbl gloss stainless. Just got it a couple of days ago and have to wait for the snow level to recede to the point where we can get to my son's back yard range to try it out. Now to find some decent grips for it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice hog leg! Awaiting your range report.
-UR
Can't wait to get out and try it - hopefully the snow'll be clear enough this weekend to at least try it out. Will report as soon as I can.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the New Vaquero out for its maiden voyage this morning. Although too much snow for a true range report in terms of distance/accuracy, we were able to put a number of rounds down range, both 357 mag and 38 spl. This gun is a joy to shoot. We were at an estimated distance of 75 - 80 feet, temp about 30 degrees. Had no problem hitting a 8 x 11 inch oblong when we'd stop shaking from the cold. :) I'd guestimate the trigger at 3 to 4 lbs and smooth as can be as is the cocking of the hammer. Recoil wasn't bad, even with the 125 gr Winchesters 357 mags and barely noticible with 38 spls. Can't wait for warm weather to really have a time at the range with this one. A keeper for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts