close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Latest Toy For My Yugo

Discussion in 'SKS' started by gandog56, Apr 9, 2014.

1. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I used to always play with corporate golf balls if possible. The bigger and gaudier the logo, the better. For a while I played with a range ball that had somehow come to our golf course from a range in Florida. I found it in a hazard and kept it. It was white with hot pink stripes and a big flamingo with a sunset behind him on it. It was nearly impossible to lose.
    I somehow managed to hook it into the fork of a tree trying to shoot over a dogleg, the ball that fell out of the other side was a Golden Bear ball (of a type that hadn't been made at that time for four years). I played with that (dead) ball for two years before it, too, got caught in the same tree on the same dogleg. This time the magic tree didn't give me anything in return.

Long story short, if you want to paint the grenade to make it easier to see, color it like it was the most flamboyant gay pride float at Mardi Gras.

2. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

But if I did that people might think I am a member of Colonel Gaylord's Homosexual Battalion. (They're VERY disciplined!)

3. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I hear when they stormed Saddam's palace they were both fierce and fabulous. They also installed new drapes.

4. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    They all lined up to pee in Sadams gold toilet at Al Fawh

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

5. gandog56

Finally ordered some blanks so I can play with my grenade.

GSFixit likes this.
  6. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    We would love some video of that, or at least some good action pictures.

7. gandog56

Blanks came in, now to get some fun time scheduled in.

blaster likes this.
  8. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

are they grenade launching blanks or regular blanks?

9. gandog56

I don't believe it! Went to the range Tuesday......and completely forgot about my new toy!

Next time.

10. gandog56

There's a difference?

11. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

the grenade launching blanks are supposed to be more powerful and they have a crimped case mouth instead of a wad.I don't remember where i got that info. I could be wrong.

12. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    From the CMP Sales discussion pages:
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=119695

It's a dangerous mistake to call these cartridges by the incorrect names. Blank Cartridges are loaded with a very fast burning powder and are intended to make noise. Grenade Cartridges are loaded with conventional powders, such as IMR 4895, and are intended to propel a grenade. Confusing the two could result in a serious wreck. There are some modern-day cartridges that can be used for either purpose with the proper attachments but that only adds to the confusion.

The discussions I have read say the real difference is how far the grenade will be thrown. Apparently, the grenade launcher blanks are substantially more powerful.

blaster likes this.