close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My M1 Garand

Discussion in 'M1 Garand' started by Jesse, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I just wanted to show you guys a picture of my Garand... it has a Springfield reciever and the group was shot at 100yds with IMA 150gr. 30/06. I also posted in the Gun Room Forum earlier. I love shooting this rifle... what a rush!

Jesse

2. Jesse, Feels good to say those words"My Garand"? By the manner in which you said them, I would feel safe in saying that you are hooked. I hope that you get much fun from owning and shooting that old "war horse" Bob

3. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Glad to hear the Boss is one of us heheheh. I wondered what gun you shoot or like the most. Not long before you get one of these. I cant wait to test er out before I transform it back to what it looked like when the first batch of 500 came out at Winchester. Rick B

[​IMG]

4. jbmi

jbmi G&G Newbie

Here is a picture of my two CMP's. Top one is a Service Grade all SA. rebarreled in 1955. Cleaned up very nicely and shoots great.

Bottom one is a Select Grade and appears never to have been reissued after it was rebarreled in 1966. Receiver is an H&R and the stock was brand new never issued birch. It also cleaned up nicely but have yet to fire this one. (recieved is last Nov. after a 2.5 year wait)

[​IMG]

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

its a nice looking rifle, and target. but please explain why the sling is on backwards? i always thought the hook went on the butt swivel.:confused:

6. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    papa g, nice catch-i think jesse's still learnin'. we'll have to let it slide this time. :cool: