Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY picked up my M39 today! It's a 1942 B barrel with D stamp. Pics are of her straight out of the box, so be gentle! Final deal was $325 for her and a 20rd box of Wolf Gold 180gr SPBT's. No sling though!

Attachments

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
gorgeous! Considering the condition, that's not a bad deal. It appears to have some of the "purpling" effect common only to the B-barrels, supposedly due to different metallurgy.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I think so too Toolman. Will have to find a good pic here to compare!

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Very nice; thanks for the gun pron. Is the stock really as brand-new looking as it seems in the pics?

That's a handy Tipton gun vise you have it in, too. I bought one for my nephew a few weeks ago. Since he does all the gunsmithing and most of the cleaning around here, I figured it was the least I could do.

I'm not saying I take advantage of him, but he pointed out tonight that if I'd carry four of my rifles and a couple of my shotguns with me on my way home, he might have room for some of his own guns in his safe...

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
troy- The stock looks laminate, but is not, just WIDE grain! Has one dent on right side, otherwise primo. I bought the vice at a yard sale for $20. The guy told me it was a rest for target shooting only and was missing parts. I agreed, gave him $20 and went home with a "as new" vice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts