Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
They are fun to shoot I have a 71/84 and reloading a big black powder round like that took some learning to do but those big black powder guns are so much fun to shoot.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,392 Posts
They are fun to shoot I have a 71/84 and reloading a big black powder round like that took some learning to do but those big black powder guns are so much fun to shoot.
Being that it uses black powder as the propellant, is it legal to use during blackpowder season?

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
Being that it uses black powder as the propellant, is it legal to use during blackpowder season?
Depends on your area but usually no as it uses a cartridge is is technically considered a rifle since when they say black powder they mean front stuffers.

Reactions: rando

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,392 Posts
Depends on your area but usually no as it uses a cartridge is is technically considered a rifle since when they say black powder they mean front stuffers.
It ought to be discussed with the fish & game people. I mean, the modern blackpowder rifles load the charge from the muzzle, but the nipple for the percussion cap is inline and has a bolt with a firing pin to set it off. It is not so different from a single shot blackpowder cartridge. The propellant ought to be the key here, not the action.

Reactions: CopperniX
21 - 25 of 25 Posts