Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the other day that I had a few parts ordered from Apex gun parts. I have had a Spanish Small ring M1916 Mauser action for years now. I bought the action complete at the time and finding any stocks for these particular Mauser rifles is hard. Ii found a few but they want as much for a stock and hand guard as a complete rifle. So I have a large inventory of Mauser Stocks, barrels and parts. I managed to find only one military small ring stock complete and not cut. It was a Swede M1896. So I got to thinking and checked a few things. I needed to order a ring or band that holds the top wood hand guard. Also the very front band with bayonet lug. I ordered parts Friday and came today FEDEX. I got to work in the garage and got it together. Only minor wood removal from hand guard at front of rear sight. I never put together a mix matched Mauser before. I have restored many back to original or built sporter rifles from actions many times. Well I now have my first hybrid. I have the brass disc for the stock and have to install it. Hard to tell its a Swede/ Spanish
image1 (7).jpeg
Mixmauser1.jpg
Mixmauser2.jpg
Mixmauser3.jpg
Mixmauser4.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful. I wish my stock was a light as that.
That Swede stock is in pretty good condition. Has one smaller surface scratch. I believe that stock came from a very nice Swede 96 rifle I had over 15 years ago. These rifles were like new and cheap when I got a few. I never realized that they would become high priced and harder to get. I actually took the one rifle apart to use the receiver. I built one of my sons a 257 Roberts sporter with that receiver. Wish I never took it apart.

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Since all small ring Mausers have the same exterior dimensions they usually will all interchange with minimal work.

Reactions: quavodus and rando
1 - 9 of 9 Posts