Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Guys :) ,

Like I stated in my Yugo SKS thread earlier this afternoon, realize I've been buying a lot of firearms since I've got this insurance settlement from my recent accident, and I realize I've spent more than I expected too or probably should have, but the one thing I've been patiently waiting for to add to my collection before I stop buying guns for a while is this gorgeous all numbers matching Norwegian krag Jorgensen in 6.5x55 Swedish that was made by Steyr in 1897 :) . Based on all the information I've found this one is built on the 1894 action, and this has got2b one of if not the sexiest rifle I have ever owned. My friend even threw in 160 rounds of privy partisan ammunition for it as well, for $280 there's no way I could go wrong.

Resized_20170504_195716.jpeg
Resized_20170504_200102.jpeg the inlay at the front of the stock is exotic African Ironwood :) .

Resized_20170504_195635.jpeg
Resized_20170504_195613.jpeg
Resized_20170504_195550.jpeg
I guess I forgot to mention that it's setting in beautiful walnut furniture :) .

Resized_20170504_195527.jpeg

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
20170527_193822.jpg It's the one the bottom, obviously

12cb7_455d.jpg

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
I would have paid that for said rifle, not that I NEED another caliber to sock in... but a 6.5x55 anything is sorely lacking in my cabinet. Any time I can get an old wood and blued sporter for $300 is a good time in my book. Good score, now post some targets!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have paid that for said rifle, not that I NEED another caliber to sock in... but a 6.5x55 anything is sorely lacking in my cabinet. Any time I can get an old wood and blued sporter for $300 is a good time in my book. Good score, now post some targets!

I already have 2 300 yd tack drivers, and I was hoping to pick up another Swiss karabiner k-31 to replace the one I was forced to sell a couple years ago, unfortunately that hasn't happened yet. So, when my friend Don decided to let this gem go I jumped all over it for a 600 yd shooter.

Unfortunately I won't make it out to the range for a while yet until I recuperate and get back on my feet again. With all the Firearms I've been buying lately including this one I now have them all winning against my closet wall. Thankfully I've got a new locking display cabinet coming Monday to put them all in. For the time being I can't wait until I'm back on my feet again so I can not only Ride' but put some lead downrange again :) ...

Reactions: Jaison

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my first krag rifle, I wanted one for quite some time now and I've passed up on a couple 30/40's because I don't reload. So, when I found out about this one I finally made picking up my first krag a reality

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wahoo, just picked up a nice locking cabinet that's supposed to hold 10 rifles that I found on Craigslist for $80 delivered. Time to unload my closet and relocate them to the cabinet :) ...

20170529_110142.jpg

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,212 Posts
I'd love to get a US GI Krag, but the only times one has shown up at the local gun shop, the price tag has been prohibitively high -- as in pushing $1,000.

Reactions: gsbuickman

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There we go, now there in a proper home

20170529_131732.jpg

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd love to get a US GI Krag, but the only times one has shown up at the local gun shop, the price tag has been prohibitively high -- as in pushing $1,000.
Damn, you ain't a chittin bro. I didn't realize just how much these things are going for until I started looking around at krag prices online. I even seen a few that were $1,500 +. For what I picked this one up for, my buddy Don basically gave it away :p .

Reactions: Cyrano
1 - 9 of 9 Posts