Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SKS I had mentioned in another thread, I got it today! She's a chinese norinco in fantastic condition for $199. I spent the better part of the day cleaning out the cosmo and heavy greese. I just got back from the test fireing. I put 20 rounds through the rifle and it performed wonderfully. I still need to fire off a rest to make sure it is sighted in. I'll have to post some pictures of targets later.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Looks pretty cool to me. I love SKS rifles!

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Very cute baby! I definitely need one of those for my empty baby crib. Congratulations to the proud new parents.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
199 is a steal for that Norinco, I paid more than that for mine years ago. It looks great and I am sure that it will be a great rifle for as long as you have it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Where did you find such a nice SKS ? please...
I came upon this one with good ol dumb luck. I called up the local gun shop asking about an SKS and this just happened to be the only one that they had.

Think there would be anything wrong with refinishing the stock later down the road. It looks pretty nice now, but has a couple of scratches and dents.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,601 Posts
Nice. I had a similar model. Traded it off. It got under my skin in a bad way that I could not have the bayoney properly/legaly mounted. It just always felt nuetered

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
Yea that is a really nice one compared to mine. The stock is junk on mine. But I only gave 125 for it. So...
Try to get a new one at a gun show,I bought 10 at $3.00 each,most like new and some were cavalry model with sling furniture on the side.:drive:

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
Looks just like mine except for the barrel,mine is the shorter 16" one.:biggthumpup::hump:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks for the info Rave. I am going to a gun show this month. We will see what kinda stuff I dig up. I am still looking for a decent priced AK. The shops around here want atleast 400 for one. I think that is kinda high.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts