Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an HK USP Compact .45ACP today. Variant 1 trigger. I can carry it cocked and locked in SA (used to carrying a 1911) and I still have a decocker to DA if I ever need it.

Its so great! It shoots everything, never jams, and its super accurate! I love the grip angle and sights too.

Just have to work on that funky HK mag release. Its supposed to be ambidextrous but it seems a bit stiff, and I need to pinch it on both sides, which I can do with my middle finger and thumb very fast and easy. but as its new right out of the box, Im sure it will probably loosen up after I work it a bit more.

:09:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Mine did loosen up after a few hundred rounds, but muscle memory had kicked in by then and I continued to release the magazine with both thumb and middle finger out of habbit. I sold mine not long after becoming a father when times were tight, and I still kick my self over that decision. You have a very fine handgun there.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol! How about some pics?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Although it sounds cool, how do you know that it never hiccups if you have not owned it for 24 hours?

I bought an HK USP Compact .45ACP today. Variant 1 trigger. I can carry it cocked and locked in SA (used to carrying a 1911) and I still have a decocker to DA if I ever need it.

Its so great! It shoots everything, never jams, and its super accurate! I love the grip angle and sights too.

Just have to work on that funky HK mag release. Its supposed to be ambidextrous but it seems a bit stiff, and I need to pinch it on both sides, which I can do with my middle finger and thumb very fast and easy. but as its new right out of the box, Im sure it will probably loosen up after I work it a bit more.

:09:

·
Super Moderator
16,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Although it sounds cool, how do you know that it never hiccups if you have not owned it for 24 hours?
well so far lol. I sure hope it doesnt considering Ive never had one malfunction while shooting my friends. (Fired a ton through my friends before I decided on getting one of my own.)

Ill get some pics up in a bit. I lent my digi cam out to another friend at the moment.:)

·
Super Moderator
16,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sorry for the long delay. I kinda forgot all about the pics, been really busy lately.
But here better late then never.

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
Man I am Jealous....I want that exact same gun, except in .40 S&W....

One of these days I can afford it hopefully!

grats though, HK makes very nice stuff.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I am not a big fan of semi-auto pistols, but a fellow at the sandpit let me shoot a few rounds out his full size (in .40 S&W) and I liked it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cool. But you can't go bragging you got a new gun (especially a new HK) without showing us all some pics.
ebr:
Well, you weren't speaking to me, but as a new HK owner (and HK fan) I jump at every opportunity to post pictures of my HK P7's so hope you don't mind it I post mine.
The two photos below are of my first CDNN "A" grade P7, which came "as new" and unfired.

I was so pleased with the first P7 that I bought two more while the getting is good...

FWIW, I've been a gun owner for over 50 years, and had, at one time or another, almost every brand of firearm I ever lusted after, but I've NEVER had a finer pistol than these HK P7's..
Amazing build quality, fantastic accuracy and so far, 100% reliability.
All personal opinion of course/YMMV
Best Wishes,
Jesse

·
Super Moderator
16,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice P7s! If I may ask how much did those run you, last I knew as they were being discontinued they were super expensive. Like I spent the money to buy my new AR15 instead expensive lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on your new CCW sidearm. Looks good.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Jesse:)

Nice P7s! If I may ask how much did those run you, last I knew as they were being discontinued they were super expensive. Like I spent the money to buy my new AR15 instead expensive lol.
TACAV:
Recently the German Gov't released 17,000 HK P7's for export from the Lower Saxony Police. These pistols were gone thru by HK persons prior to export and graded, based on INTERNAL wear as A/B/C's..
These pistols are in the latest CDNN catalog and while you can go online to CDNN and download the catalog I'm not sure if the pistols and prices are posted.
CDNN got so much flak from dealers because their prices were so low that only recently have they quit posting those ads online. You CAN contact CDNN and request to get on their mailing list and they'll periodically send you a new catalog free, (w/gun prices).
Here's the ad I ordered my three P7's from:

CDNN actually advertises two options.

The ad on the left is for "B" grade P7's, the ad on the right ($75 higher)is for "A" pistols.
CDNN also sells extra used (but like new) mags for $34.99. (I bought 6).
These HK pistols are the P7 versions which have the European heel mag release (which I personally prefer). The "super expensive" pistols you are thinking about are the HK P7M8. The P7M8 and the P& are identical with the exception of a small plastic heat shield in the larger triggerguard, and the dual grip located mag release. (And perhaps some minor sight difference.)
Generally you can break down P7 lovers in two groups. The P7 folks are shooters, the M8 folks are collectors. (Obviously not true in all cases.).
These pistols are of absolute top quality, 100% reliable (or as close to that as a pistol can be), and amazingly accurate.
I've never had a pistol more accurate than my HK P7..
Best Wishes,
Jesse

1 - 16 of 16 Posts