Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this up today from a feller in the building across the street from my office. Paid him $899 for it, no taxes, no shipping, no FFL fees, sweet! He says he's only ran 1 box of ammo through it, he wanted to keep it pristine but couldn't help himself. Certainly didn't hurt it any, and he cleaned all the shipping lube out of it in the process! Came with all the boxes and goodies. He was basically selling it because it's too nice to use for a carry gun, he wants something he won't have to worry about getting beat up.

May I present, my new (slighty used) 01911, in Carbonia Blue! Yeah, I know it looks just like everybody else's, but this one is MINE dangit!

WWI & WWII repros together.....

Y'all ain't kidding about this being an addiction.

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
i started cursing at my screen because i dont have one just like that.
it's beautiful.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! One of those deals I just couldn't pass up. Some deals are bad ju-ju, some are good. Guy works right across the street, and is asking $899? HELL yeah!

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
i just have a cruddy ol S.A.1911A1

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
rondog i was sleepy and ready to hit the sack LOL Now I'm wide a wake Very nice shoot'in irons you got there.
Thanks for the pictures ...A.H

·
Registered
652 Posts
god i wish i could afford one that nice. i can hardly afford a RIA GI model. speaking of those, the ones they show online come with black pistol grips. can you also get them with the wooden/brown pistol grips?

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Range Report

Took the ponies to the range today, first time I've fired either of them. I like 'em, they're keepers! Keep in mind I wear trifocals, and don't get to shoot very often, so I'm not the markman some of you are.

The new WWI M1911, 30 rds. at 7 yards...

WWI M1911, 30 rds. at 15 yards...

The WWII M1911A1, 30 rds. at 7 yards...

The WWII M1911A1, 30 rds. at 15 yards...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts