close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My new CZ!! 453 in .22LR

Discussion in 'CZ' started by Paper, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

I've often read how accurate the CZ .22's are, and if you look at the high scores in the CMP Rimfire Sporter Matches, you'll see a LOT of CZ rifles being used..
    Well, this weekend I got a chance at a new, or almost new CZ453 in .22.. Like new in the box, with rings (never installed) and the single fire adapter (fake magazine).
    My intention was to make it my new CMP gun, but it's got the varmint barrel and between rifle and scope, and aluminum rings, it's over weight for legal use.. I kicked around lightening the stock, but it's just too pretty to mess with..
    I hit the guys up on Rimfire Central on thoughts and they pushed me to this decision.. So, I have other matches at my club I can use the rifle for, and with the single set trigger that trips at 6oz. it should be perfect for that work..

Anyway, here's the rifle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's my favorite part.. Just by luck, the Weaver Quad Lock rings, the rifle, and the Nikon scope mated up so well, that I have about .060" of clearance between the scope and the barrel.. I got really lucky with this, and still have full clearance with the bolt for funtion and removal!!

[​IMG]

I'll just continue to use my Weatherby Mark 12 (Anschutz) for the CMP matches.. They're both great shooters, but I really like the palm swell on the CZ..

gsbuickman and Deep13 like this.
  2. Dan22

Dan22 G&G Evangelist

Good for you. Looks like a beautiful full-size rifle.

Hope you get many years of enoyment out of such a fine rifle.

3. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Thats a real beauty.Sharp looking and efficient.

4. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

CZ makes great stuff !! #1 in quality...

5. Paper

This is what sold me.. 5 shots of Aguillia Super Extra at 50'..

[​IMG]

6. They are one hole accurate rifles. I had a 452 trainer. Same kind of range reports.That bull barrel is sweet! Beautiful wood and nice scope too. Don't ever sell it!

7. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

Hot ****. That thing looks great. I just got my first CZ, and I think I know what will be my second. I have been due for a decent 22 for years. It is a ways down the road but someday!

Little late I know, but I have been browsing everything related to CZ I can find since getting mine :D

ps. you bought that (or posted) 2 days after my birthday last year...shoulda bought me one too! lol

8. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

Funny this thread just showed up, I rescued a CZ 452 from my buddies old truck today, cleaned it up and shot it I am impressed to say the least...

9. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

What luck. He just forgot about it or what? I can't imagine forgetting about a gun in a truck. especially such a nice rifle.

10. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

He abandoned it there idk if he forgot it or what, I told him about it and he just shruged and said whatever... It was so rusty it took a dremel and a wire brush attachment. So I am adopting it as mine, I shot a 10 shot group at 50 yards that can be covered with a penny.

I now have a sudden itch to squirrel hunt...

gsbuickman likes this.
  11. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

You lucky dog. Abandoned or not, sounds like a good rifle to use and abuse now. Congrats on the find.

12. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

It went through the abuse already, now it is a rifle of use and kroil...

13. sell33

sell33 G&G Newbie

Haha that too. Sounds like a fun, worthwhile project.

14. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

Ill post pics and a group in a separate thread later... As in the morning

15. Paper

Excellent!! Looking forward to the photos, too!!

16. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Now if you could just get them bullets to go left a little bit......:p

17. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

what is he was aiming for the 6? Lol

18. Paper

Actually, I'd just fire a shot in a clean part of the target, and then use that hole as my target for the other 4 rounds.

I was testing ammo to find the ammo that would give me the smallest groupings.

A lot of times I just use a clean white pc of paper..

19. eeksplee

eeksplee G&G Regular

Dont matter where he was aiming, just look at the group! Amazing. My 452 will out shoot almost anything.

20. Fotheringiill

Fotheringiill G&G Newbie

I've shot ten rounds out of my Ultra Lux at 50 feet with the factory tangent sights and wondered where the other four rounds went. Naturally, right in the center, passing through without a mark on the target.