My new favorite holster!

Discussion in 'CCW' started by Doc Jones, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Doc Jones

Doc Jones G&G Addict

I picked up a Zack Concealment holster from One Source tactical for my Glock 26 (the same one fits all Glock models. I use it on my G17 and G30 as well).

ZACK CONCEALMENT HOLSTER

I absolutely love this thing.

It's nothing more than a trigger guard made of Kydex but, when you think about it, what more than a trigger guard is any holster? You loop the attached string around your belt so the Zack pops off when you draw.

I've been using it with the gun in appendix position (Mexican cross-draw carry). I put the gun inside my belt but not inside the pants. It's a lot more comfortable that way than any IWB I've ever tried. The only drawback is you have to wear an untucked shirt but I'm happy to live with that stipulation. I use my Crossbreed super tuck on days I have to tuck in my shirt, otherwise its the little Zack, 24/7.

I got one that fits all my XDs too. Went to an art fair and concert in the park all day yesterday. It was hot. I packed a full-size XD 45 without a moment's discomfort. Wow! No more feeling under gunned for me. Heck, I could have packed two of them! One on each side.

Oh, and the little rascals only cost about $13. As with any holster, you'll want a good, solid belt.

It would make a great pocket holster for a winter jacket too. Could also be used in conjunction with a belly band or Thunderwear holster and eliminate the fear of shooting off something important.

Doc

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  2. Doc Jones

Doc Jones G&G Addict

Update.

Haven't carried my Glock 26 since getting the Zacks. I either pack the Glock 30 or XD 45. They are so comfortable there is just no reason to pack a smaller gun in a wimpier caliber.

Still use the G26 in my crossbreed Supertuck for occassions when I'm required to be dressier and tuck my shirt in.

Doc