Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ain't she pretty?! i'm not gonna shoot her she will be a safe Queen. Hopefully she'll turn out to be a good investment....

·
Registered
358 Posts
All I can say is WOW that is a nice looking rifle...Go on and shoot it 2 times.
What caliber is it ?
The trouble is AH, that after the first shot he wont be able to have it sit there and not shoot it, because once you pull the trigger on it for the first time you just fall in love with it.

They sure are a sweet rifle, i have a Kimber 8400 Classic in .30-06 topped with a Leupold VXIII 3.5-10X40 it is a very nice rifle to shoot. I could not imagine having it sit in the safe and not be used.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
I don't own guns that I can't shoot. It would drive me insane to look at it and not know how it shoots.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
it is nice but what is the point of not shooting it are you going to resell it in a few years or give it to your kids or grandkids to enjoy?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have worked out why he is not going to use it and hopes it will be a good investment. Kimber no longer make rimfire rifles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi new here.

I put a Kimber super America on layaway today22.longrifle.I am looking into finding the right scope,base,and rings and where to find them.Hope to get my wife into small game hunting.PS yes I did tell her how much it cost.thanks for any info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you EVER plan to shoot it...I would shoot it before the warranty expires. I've heard about a lot problems with recent Kimbers. I am the victim of one. I just bought a beautiful Kimber 84 select in 257 Roberts with really nice French walnut. I mounted a nice Zeiss scope on it and took it to the range. It shot a 6" group at 100 yards with 3 different ammo. I promptly boxed it up and sent it back to Kimber.
They kept a month and had to replace the barrel. They sent it back this week with a target that showed a 1.2" group. I'm taking it back to range this weekend. After having my problems, people came out of the woodwork on forums telling me similar horror stories.
I know the Super America is their top of the line so maybe they do a better job of quality control. If it's a pure investment, don't shoot it. If you think you might, shoot it sooner than later.
Kimber does make a beautiful rifle. Yours is gorgeous. I hope you have great luck with it whatever you choose to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts