My "new" M44

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tnjeff, May 21, 2008.

1. tnjeff

tnjeff Guest

Got one off the brown truck today. It's a 1947 Izzy laminated stock from AIM. The numbers match except the mag is lined out. If I'm reading the bullet test right, it doesn't appear to be counterbored. Bore is dark. I'm not really a good judge of rifling condition, but it has some. Typical refurb mark on the stock.
    Actually, I love it. I was hoping for a "late model", and the laminated stock looks really cool. Man, you gotta love that C&R license! $79.00 plus $10.00 shipping. I bought 100 rounds of that "20 to a baggie" ammo from smokewagongear.com too, and it came at the same time the gun did. I'm set.
    Sorry for the crummy pics, they really don't do it justice, but my cheap camera s**cks. Think I'm gonna get the revolver next!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. it's nice! yeah, you gotta get the revolver now. i'd have a few but kali residents aren't allowed to recieve handguns with there c&r. i feel a road-trip coming.
    let us know how it shoots when you get a chance.

3. Aviator

Aviator G&G Newbie

Tnjeff,

I just mailed in my application for the FFL03 on Monday. How long does it take?

Aviator

4. Mine took 30 days.

5. tnjeff

tnjeff Guest

Mine took almost exactly 30 days. That seems to be about average. It's amazing to buy these guns for so little money, especially when you see what people are asking for them at gun shows, online auctions, etc. Definitely worth the 30 bucks for the license.

6. took three weeks after they cashed my check.

7. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Mailed

Aviator: Sir; I mailed mine in March 3-08 cashed my check March 7th and I still am waiting:)dadgumit:09:
    It would seem that folks in and around Charlotte have had longer waits:bigeyes:
    dadgumit

8. Grumpus

Grumpus Curmudgeon Emeritus NRA Life Member

I gotta agree! I grew up the son and grandson of carpenters, and nephew of a millworks cabinetmaker. The furniture on the M44 is gorgeous! [​IMG]If I could afford one of those chromed, laminated-stock jobs from Classic Arms Inc., I'd buy it in a heartbeat! You couldn't use it in the woods, but you could use it to warm your heart on cold nights...

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  9. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

TWM- Nice rifle man! But WHOA !!! The bullet goes in the other way !!!!!!

10. tnjeff

tnjeff Guest

That's just my way of avoiding a sticky bolt.

11. SwedeSteve

12. It does? :bigeyes:

That explains the powder burns, and all that yelling at the range. Really hard to hear with that noise-cancelling headset on.:burnout:

13. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

14. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

well you definatly defeated the sticky bolt LOL

BTW very nice looking weapons :09:

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  15. SwedeSteve

16. Grumpus

Grumpus Curmudgeon Emeritus NRA Life Member

Holy cow! Is that why I've got to go retrieve the bolt after every shot?

I once saw an engraved plastic sign - about 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" - glued in the cockpit of an Air Guard F-106 fighter, on the sidewall: "Keep pointy end in front."

I didn't know it applied to guns, too!

17. SwedeSteve

Well, you could reload your bullets backwards. Then the enemy won't know from which direction they were shot!

18. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

The funny thing Steve is that I sat here for a few minutes trying to figure out how one could reload a bullet backwards! I think I have been working too hard! :nono::09::hitwithrock: