Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweeeet! I've been wanting to get a Henry Arms Mares Leg in 44cal. One day. Nice 22!
Saw one in .22 a few months ago at the local store. Told my boss I was thinking and he went to lunch early and bought it. I work nights and was sleeping. Oh well...!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Might be today, unless I decide to clean it first.

Just kidding! I always swab the bore first.
Don't even to worry about cleaning it, like you said, just check the bore for any bug that might have crawled in there. And remember those pumps just get better with use and easier/smoother the more rounds you shoot it. Does Henry make that one in 22 mag? Range report soon please.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I've looked at one and thought about it but I can't bring myself to pay what they cost for a .22. Then I go to gun shows and the old Remingtons and Winchesters cost almost as much as a new Henry if they don't look like they are falling apart; and more than a Henry if they look really good. The pump .22s are probably the action I find the most fun to shoot.

·
Registered
15,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've looked at one and thought about it but I can't bring myself to pay what they cost for a .22. Then I go to gun shows and the old Remingtons and Winchesters cost almost as much as a new Henry if they don't look like they are falling apart; and more than a Henry if they look really good. The pump .22s are probably the action I find the most fun to shoot.
All the older pumps I see look like they've been through World War 3.

While I love the pump, I like my Lever action Marlin 39A better.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Very nice rifle, I'm a left handed shooter so I'm partial to a semi-auto or pump...especially a Henry! I have a lever action H001 and it's is one of the best rimfire rifles I have ever owned. They are top quality and tack drivers to boot.

You did danged good sir!

·
Registered
15,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Range yesterday! Back was killing me so only shot it a few times. Nothing serious either - more just pulling the trigger and pumping a little fast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts