Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a new Weatherbe Olimpian 12 gauge shotgun for my birthday! I will put some pics of it on here tmmro but it is a over under double barrel and it has a fancy stock on it so it doesn't kick it's a little scatched up but still is a nice gun! I also got a 1965 chevy pickup for my birthday becouse i turned 14!(I love old pickups!!!!):09::09: but hat hasnt got here yet..:sad2:

Attachments

·
Wonderment :)
33,498 Posts
shotgun

elmer fudd: Sir, mighty fine shotgun you got there:) I like the way that the stock has fingering grabs. Sharp.
Now; Sir; do tell about this '65 pickup @14:09: We don't want to see you on "Cops":09:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you do see me on cops i'll be the one being ZAPPED!:bigeyes: and i can't tell you about my new pickup becouse i havent seen it yet. it is with my grandpa in montana :sad:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just found out that my pickup it is a faded red needs a little outside work to get some rust and dents off it but i will be able to cover that by selling some horses!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Elmer Fudd:
1st off, HAPPY Birthday to you!!!!!!! What a very nice gift indeed! I got my first shotgun for my 14th BD back in 1968, a used double 16 ga. made in France, MAC, Browning patent. Your posting sure brought back some neat memories, thanks! I'm sure you are excited! Looks like a gun for birds, do you shoot trap and sheet? Keep us posted on your new ride too. Check out Bass Pro and the other sites for ammo specials... I managed to get the bird shot loads for the 12 ga. at $2.00 a box/field loads. :burnout:

·
Registered
668 Posts
That's sounds like Fun!!! Do you hand throw or do you have a Trap thrower [Trapus sp]. Tell us how it went.
Corn feed Trap, fryed up in some butter, Yum Yum -- LOL
[sorry]

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It started raining but the forcast said that we would have clear weather tommoro and we have a hand thrower that we use

What is the differnce between trap and skeet we just shoot clay pigons to practice for pheasent hunting.

:feedback:

We shot it today we liked it alot i hit about 8-10 so it is pretty acurite!:09::09::09::09:

·
Registered
668 Posts
What is the differnce between trap and skeet we just shoot clay pigons to practice for pheasent hunting.
:feedback:

Hey EF, trap is setup with 5 stations, you have different yardage distance from the trap house [where the "bird" flies from] You call "pull" and the guy with the control button, pushs the button, the "bird" flies out, it may go straight, right, left or in between, the "bird" may climb, or drop if the wind is strong enough. You shoot 5 round at each station = 25 rounds per shoot. Trap gives you long field shots
Skeet gives you the up close, weird angle field shots, the skeet range is setup with 6 stations, there are 2 skeet houses, 1 is lower and the other 1 is higher up. Here you shoot singles and doubles. Try your luck at doing a search for each type on the net. or better yet check to see if you have a gun club in your area. It's fun, it will get you most likely in the reloading business. :) it was a fun job loading the machines and you meet some really nice people!!!

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
You have a typo error.There are 8 positions in skeet. sam.

·
Registered
668 Posts
You have a typo error.There are 8 positions in skeet. sam.
Oops, :thinking: It's been a longgggg time since I shot sheet. Sorry:tapedshut: Thanks Samuel.
The MTA trap houses are close to Linn Creek here in the Lake of the Ozark area.
Check this out, it was 69° yesterday, today= freezing rain, sleet, snow at 29°.:werd::umbrella:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
our weather will go like that too but my friend Tom got 10 out of 10 clay birds so it is realy accurate and i Love it thanks for your posts

1 - 20 of 24 Posts