My new SKS marked DP吉五六式 from the Jilin Providence

Discussion in 'SKS' started by gsbuickman, Oct 31, 2016.

1. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

This Thread was lost when the board was crashed but I had it posted on another forum so I'm glad I can bring it back.
    ==================================================

Hiya Guys

I made a really nice score this morning when I traded my Palmetto pistol lower w/ 3 mags + $40, for this beautiful & rare #'s matching SKS,

This is a rare* model arked - DP吉 , from the Jilin Province in NE China, Type 56 五六式 SKS

Source :http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-31.htm*

I date this either a 58' or a* 65', but either way it's absolutely beautiful. The stock* trigger guard, receiver, bolt & bolt carrier all have matching #'s. The only serial number I can't find a match for is on the magazine, which will soon be replaced with 20 round Tapco & Pro-Mags.

As you can see it also has a factory-installed muzzle brake, Factory cleaning kit in the rifle butt behind the spring-loaded trap door, the factory sling w/ the correct spun wire hangers and the factory dust cover with the original locking lug pin intact. Becides the bolts in the dust cover, the only thing that is missing is the spike bayonet obviously, then again I don't think that a bayonet is compatible with this muzzle brake anyway. Oh yeah, before I forget, besides the matching numbers on the bolt, the bolt is a type 84/D/M bolt w/o the magazine feed lips for easy one hand magazine changes without ever touching the bolt whether it's open or closed .*

And finally I'll mention the Optics that it came with as well. Its a Leaper's 6x40mm optic with 1" rings and a pretty nice see thru piccy rail w/ 8 position slots for a little adjustability . . I know the optic isn't variable power but it is short enough that I can still load with stripper clips. When I get some polymer magazines for it I may just put my 3_9x40 bushnell on it, then again I may not it just depends on how well this 6x40 works ...

[​IMG] *

[​IMG]*

[​IMG]*

[​IMG]*

[​IMG]*

[​IMG]*

[​IMG]*

[​IMG]*

[​IMG]

[

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    SKS NOOB likes this.
  2. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Now this is a sexy rifle*

Muzzle brake, 20 rd. mag, bipod, nice optics on a solid mount and a cheek pad / shell holder. Now I just need to add the Tapco extended magazine release And she's done.

[​IMG]*

[​IMG]*

[​IMG]*

SKS NOOB and White Rook like this.