Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days back I purchased a Norinco SKS that looked to be nearly unfired. I ordered a bunch of wolf bulk ammo, because I mainly plan on just target shooting with it and can't afford to shoot hundreds of rounds of the good stuff, but for the heck of it, I went to my local walmart and baught 20 rounds just to try the gun out. I pulled the gun out of the case, loaded 2 shells to make sure that it functioned properly, and fired two into a 5 inch target about 50 yards down range. After seeing that it shot properly, I put 10 more shells in and fired those as well. When I went down range to check the target, I was shocked to see that 9 of my 12 rounds found the 5 inch target, the other 3 barely missed. This was with no sighting in, just pulling it out of the case. I'm impressed, and can't wait to shoot this gun more.

·
Registered
545 Posts
gotta love the sks. my dad and i were shooting with no scope, just bare gunsights at about 200 yards. both wear glasses and i can barely make out fine details that far (i can tell what things are, just not specifics like a street sign that distance and whatnot) but anyway. we were shooting clay birds and smaller glass shards using bulk wolf and every shot made it to where we wanted. zero adjustments on the gun sights. i know the last owner (friend of mine) and his friends shot it a lot so im sure it was sighted in and cleaned often, but still. it had been a while, and now the sks is my fav. long story short, GOOD buy with getting an sks. very little recoil, good accuracy, lower price of ammo -- all around good gun. also, welcome to the forums Bravo, hang around awhile.. ive found out a lot of good stuff about sks' that i didnt know already, if theres stuff your after knowing about, this is the place

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome, I think I'll hang around here and try to learn some things. The funny thing about my sks is that my dad was messing with the sight when we baught it, sliding it back and forth...we lost the spot it was in so we just slid it as far back as we could in the sort of default position. :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Welcome to the forums... Im new myself and I have already learned a lot.. I have a Yugo sks and I love it. I used to think sks' were just junk spray and pray type guns but they are amazingly accuarate, especially considering the price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts