Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My camera is really crappy so I'll use the manufacturer's pic....in .454 Casull I present:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sweet, time to blow very large holes in things.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Congrats on yer new Raging Bull. Taurus does make some top of the line guns. I liked a friend of mines Raging Bull 454 so much I bought the Taurus PT92 9mm and was very pleased with it also.

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
nice ive always liked those

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I like them too ! I held one at the store I bought my new shotgun at and they have an excellent feel to them and there sweet to point.
You've got a very nice shoot'in iron !!! Enjoy...A.H

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took me five minutes to open the cylinder. Finally figured out the darned think has TWO cylinder release knobs. One in front of the cylinder, one in the rear. Thing is built like the proverbial Brick s**thouse. Can't wait for this weekend to try her out.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
congrats on your new 454.Best deal I have seen on ammo is at Sportsmans Guide
Best deal I found on ammo was LEE CARBIDE 454 CASULL DIE SET, WINCHESTER AND STAR- LINE BRASS 164 COUNT, HORNADY XP 300 GR HP 152 COUNT, ALL IN GREAT CONDITION. 49 OF THE STAR- LINE BRASS HAVE NEVER BEEN FIRED,
on ebay for 67 bucks.:burnout:

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's just say it's not a girlie man gun. Took her to the range, and put the first shot in the 10 ring at twenty feet, but said...WHOOOO... when I felt the recoil. After that it was flinch city for a while till I settled down. Then started hitting the 10 ring every shot. My new baby in .454 Casull:

After a box of 454, the .45 colt bullets I finished with seemed like a wimp load.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
yeah im a sucker for a hand cannon....

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not what I would call a "plinking" gun. Unless you're just practicing with the .45 Colt ammo.

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
i sure hope you reload!
i wonder what the bbl. life is on one of those handguns is?
how many rounds do you think that thing could take?

maybe i should get a gigantic caliber pistol too?

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only weapons I don't reload for are my .22 LR's.

I had just gotten a complete reload set for .454 with Lee carbide dies, hornady bullets and Starline cases (some unused) off of ebay for 67 bucks. And then bid and won a set of Lee carbide dies for .45 Colt. Already loaded up 50 .454's before the first range trip. Fired about twenty of the reloads and got pretty comparable kicks from both them and the storeboughts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts