Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I wonder if Century Arms stamped the PA63 on mine ? I know they stamped CAL St. ALB. VT. on the right hand side of the slide because I called them to get the import date (Jan 26, 1993) and they gave me that info.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That's crazy. I guess I learn something new every day.

I have never seen a .380 marked as a PA-63. I wonder if these are a more recent or maybe even a much older import than the ones I have dealt with.
I don't know. FEG seemed to make a lot of different variants with little info when they made changes, why, or to where they were to be sent that I can find in my research. Its been setting for a while, the crusty oil on the grips is a tell tell sign, so who knows where this one has been.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That's crazy. I guess I learn something new every day.

I have never seen a .380 marked as a PA-63. I wonder if these are a more recent or maybe even a much older import than the ones I have dealt with.

I have one round of 9x18 Makarov laying around, when I still have my Bulgarian Mak, and tried to drop it into the chamber after field stripping the pistol. It just sits on top of the chamber, too big for it. Once I get some 380 acp ammo, I will take some pictures of the two.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Went and bought a box of Brass Blazer FMJ 380. acp and it fits the gun to a T.

First picture: A Tula 9x18 Makarov round sitting on the rim of the chamber, does not fit.
Cylinder Still life photography

Second picture, Blazer Brass 380. acp fits perfectly.
Synthetic rubber Silver Carbon Steel

So, come the weekend, I will take her out and see how she does. :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.