Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have actually owned this rifle twice. Bought it the first time from a individual at a gun show about two years ago when I wasn't looking to buy anything much less a .22 but absolutely fell in love with this beauty. Then I later traded it and another gun off to a friend for my Cetme rifle with the option of first refusal should he decide to part with it. Fortunately for me I got it back recently in another trade.

It is supposed to be a K98 training rifle but this is really just a new rifle made to resemble the K98 mausers. I will say it is just as heavy! It also has a sight hood that my friend took off that I need to get back on. It has a small 5 round clip that fits flush in the bottom, a removable cleaning rod, and a leather sling. The trigger is very crisp. Haven't got to shoot the thing but once but from the previous owner and everything I've read they are tack drivers.

Enough flappin, here's the pics:

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
That's a nice looking rifle. We're looking forward to the range report.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Thats a 22 !!!!!!!!! Man O Man that is COOL ! And thanks for the pictures
I've never seen this rifle before. You are blessed !

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,972 Posts
Ah, another man who appreciates the China Dolls! I love both my Norinco .22LR rifles.
I got the TU-KKW first, taken with the Mauserish looks. The action is actually a copy of the Czech BRNO Model 1, very similar to today's CZ452. It'll even use the CZ452 magazine, though the Chinese magazines are more rugged.
The original Mauser KKW is a single-shot, but I like having the five-round capability. Mine originally had the funky little side-mounted 2.75X shorty scope - the "Sniper Trainer" version, the called it. Lousy scope, won't hold zero. So I have used a Chinese 4X fixed scope on tall rings. The bolt-handle requires a very high mounting, so it'll get past the scope bell - a smaller-belled scope is needed too. No fat Bushnells for this rifle!
The second Norinco is the JW-27, using the same BRNO-based action. A slimmer sporter barrel and funky two-piece stock with sheet-steel connector plate. Makes it resemble a single-shot rifle, but uses the same CZ-type magazine. This one has a machined rimfire scope rail on top. I use a Simmons 3-9X40 scope.
Both rifles are superb shooters! Like having a CZ for half-price. They like Winchester ammo - especially the now-discontinued Dynapoint .22LR. I shot several sub-one-inch groups at 100 yards with the JW-27 using the DP. The Chinese also heat-treat the entire barrel, not just the chamber-face as do western gun-makers. You won't ding the Norinco chamber by dryfiring! Nor will you wear out the barrels.

My China Dolls . . .

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-1/93045/MyChinaDolls-.22LRrifles.jpg

I'm now on the search for the rare and elusive Norinco .22LR lever-action! :)

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Those are nice looking firearms...I've said this before and I'll say it again.
It looks like I need to start back buying lotto tickets in hopes that I win where i can buy a lot of the firearms I've seen and learned about here at
Gun and Game.
I like the mauser copy the best...A.H

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys, it's nice to know others :32: over rifle as well!

Thanks for your input Big Dog, someone else had told me they thought a CZ clip would work in these but that's about all they could tell me.

Also, are there different settings in the different forums as my pics didn't show up here?

·
36,972 Posts
Iceman, sometime back G&G decided to no longer host the pics directly, so we have to live with clicking on the links.

Your rifle is NICE! Mine was less than pristine, and I refinished it. The stock is a bit mottled, but okay.

I love bringing it to the bench to shoot. Everybody sees a "Mauser", and gets ready for the blast - it just goes 'Pop!' Hehehe. :09:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats pretty funny, I'm sure it'll happen to me as well!

As far as the pictures go it's all good. I'd been using Photobucket as my host for quite a while now and had never had that happen and I was further dumbfounded that all I had posted the same way in the Military Rifles forum were showing up just fine.

Like I said though, it's all good.

Thanks again to everyone for their compliments.

·
Registered
499 Posts
That's a very nice TU-KKW, I've never seen one like that. My TU-KKW is a blonde, and the bolt handle and buttplate are blued. They are pretty neat though. They sure don't look like a .22. I like when people see me at the range with it and they're watching, expecting some sort of boom, but all they hear is a crack:09:

I'll post a pic of mine ASAP. I'm probably going to outfit her with a variable 2-4.5x scope I have sitting around. I just don't like the high mounts I have to use though.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I didn't realize I brought up a pretty old thread.:34: I tried searching them on google and got this thread and posted without thinking. But oh well, we are all gun lovers. So hopefully no one gets pissy about me bringing an old thread back.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Chris61289,
Nice rifle.The pig sticker looks good too. Whatcha doing way down there? Need to get out of the city and move north. You shoot that thing? Where can I find one.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Chris61289,
Nice rifle.The pig sticker looks good too. Whatcha doing way down there? Need to get out of the city and move north. You shoot that thing? Where can I find one.
Thanks, I honestly dunno what I'm doing down here. I try to get up north when I can. I have a place up I go up to in Thompsonville which isn't too far from Traverse City. I take it and all my other rifles to this sort of secluded area thats cleared out in the middle of a bunch of woods with a dirt path going through it in Copemish. I'm not sure where you're able to find them, I inherited it from my father a few years back. I believe he found it at a gun store for like $85. Sorry I can't really say where to get them since I'm pretty clueless about it.

·
36,972 Posts
Marstar in Canada still imports Norinco guns, but we here in The States are out of luck, as The Goobermint banned Chinese firearm imports. I found mine at the local gunshow some years back. They are out there - just have to get lucky!
Try the gun auction sites - you might scare one up.
Still love mine! :)

·
36,972 Posts
Well, being so close to the Great White North, you have a better chance of finding one than us down here in sunny Florida! :)
Hit those gunshows and pawn shops!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts