Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a auction Saturday and picked up a Remington 1903A3. All parts are Remington except for the Smith Corona bolt. Good original stock and nice US leather sling. Had a nice surprise in the trapdoor when I got home. A oiler and pull through. Bore is very nice with a Muzzle Wear of less than 1. First good gun find I have ever had at a auction. There was a very nice Inland carbine that I was going to bring home but two fools bid it up over $900.00 so I came home without it.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/1903a3%20Remington/

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Orlando...You've got a great 03A3 rifle! I have a similar one dated 6/43 on the barrel and it was mfd by Remington, too.

For what it's worth, I've always referred to that rifle as either an 03A3...or A Springfield 03A3. These rifles were manufactured by many different companies, including Remington, Smith Corona, and others.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My 03 has parts made by Remington and Smith Corona, but I call it a Springfield 1903...

My only regret is that I have a sports stock on mine...I would love to get its original stock back on it, but I can't afford the parts right now.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remington and Smith Corona made the 1903a3, yes alot of people who don't know any better kinda lump them all together and call the a "Springfiield" rifle which isn't correct

1 - 6 of 6 Posts