Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Classic Arms got in a shipment of genuine Russian Nagant pistol ammo in 40-round boxes. You can see it on Classic Arms' home page (not their ammunition page); scroll down a ways and look for the yellow box.

They're only charging 14.95 a box of forty for it (compare Fiocchi @ $35.00 to $40.00 bucks), so I took a chance and ordered 400 rounds. Shipping to Southern California was $17.00.

I have no idea how much they have; I forgot to ask when I was ordering. But that sort of stuff usually goes pretty fast...

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Whats the big deal?
SOG has had this ammo for over a year at the same price...still does...
I have 1,000 rds of it...stinky and smokey but good stuff...its all I've ever used.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
I'm good bro...you need to have the fans really blowing in the indoor range...real smokey ammo...has a sulphur like smell to it...and it IS corrosive so clean accordingly.

Never had any click bangs either.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I had some rusian 22 rimfire like that I got from sportsmans guid a few years back. what a mess, but some fine shooting stuff.
Hay I'm heading your way in two weeks for a weekend getaway, heading to Geneva on the lake, how far are you from there?

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Whats the big deal?
SOG has had this ammo for over a year at the same price...still does...
I have 1,000 rds of it...stinky and smokey but good stuff...its all I've ever used.
Not everyone has a C&R or some other kind of FFL, Joe. Glad to know it's good stuff, though...

Here's the link, colt45:

Classic Arms Inc.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Troy, I buy from SOG all the time, no C&R or FFL needed. Not for ammo and gun parts anyway.
I must've gotten an idiot or noobie on the phone last year then, because I couldn't even get a price on some ammo without an FFL.

Thanks for telling me; I'll try again on some things.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Really? all I did was have to send them a form with my signiture on it and a waiver stating that it wasn't against any state or federal laws to order the ammo I was buying. maybe that opened some sort of account or someting....don't know it was over 5 years ago when I worked at the gun shop. maybe they gave me an account thinking i was the FFL holder.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
As long as I'm being stupid about money...

I went to The Armory and ordered some 9mm Luger (9x19) for the Chinese Tokarev I'm picking up tomorrow. I bought 500 rounds of Winchester 115-grain for $76.90, plus $23.36 shipping; that adds up to $100.26, which is a hair over ten bucks per box of fifty.

The Armory

Not too shabby a price, at least compared to the $13.99 I paid for the box I picked up at a local gun shop the other day, so I'd have something to shoot on the 4th.

Of course, now y'all are gonna tell me where I coulda got it for half that, and make me feel all dumb...:34:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Well, I can't find the Winchester for better, but Ammunition To Go has 500 rds of Federal American Eagle 115gr 9mm Luger for $84.95 + $12.83 shipping = $97.78. :09:

Their 500 rds after shipping was $103 and some change.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts