Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set of LEE dies from GRAF&SONS #90921 yesterday and now I'm concerned they may not be for the nagant ammo, it said nothing about using 32-20 brass but been reading posts today making me wonder. Wish i would of ask you guys and gals first. :confused:
Also bought 98gr JFP bullets and 1 box reloadable Prvi Partivan ammo.
frenchy

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
They are not made for 7.62 Nagant. There were made to adapt 32-20 for your Nagant. The darned shell holder is for 32-20 and won't even fit the real Nagant ammo. You have to buy like an RCBS shellholder because LEE doesn't even make one that truly fits. And then, the bullet seater will not even push the bullets in past the top of the neck like they are supposed to be. You have to modify the seater to get it right.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are not made for 7.62 Nagant. There were made to adapt 32-20 for your Nagant. The darned shell holder is for 32-20 and won't even fit the real Nagant ammo. You have to buy like an RCBS shellholder because LEE doesn't even make one that truly fits. And then, the bullet seater will not even push the bullets in past the top of the neck like they are supposed to be. You have to modify the seater to get it right.
Shoot, i was afraid of that, is there something better out there gannie or will the RCBS shell holder and modifing the bullet seater be the only way to reload the correct case?
frenchy

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Shoot, i was afraid of that, is there something better out there gannie or will the RCBS shell holder and modifing the bullet seater be the only way to reload the correct case?
frenchy
Well RCBS does make a die set for it, but it's almost 90 bucks. And you still have to buy the correct shell holder since RCBS does not include it in their die sets.

Here's a website that gives you a few options on the Lee set. The easiest fix is to buy the RCBS shell holder and replace the bullet push rod from a .308 bullet seating die .

Nagant

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the web site buddy, i have a very old Power Craft lathe i got when my Dad died so turning the bullet seater down won't be a problem and i'll order the RCBS shellholder, put that link in fav's and print out the instructions too, thanks for help!! :biggthumpup:
frenchy

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Though you lose the gas seal if you fire 32-20 brass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts