Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you nagant revolver owners: Is it really worth the 35$ to buy ammo for this gun and shoot it. I may end up keeping it if it doesn't sell. I really don't want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did FEG, but I am not set up to reload. Thus the dilema. I need to consider this as I want to buy a Nambu for my wife, and ammo for those are even harder to find.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Just hold on to it Phaco...with the massive flood of these pistols someone is sure to start importing some or making it cheaper. Its still an interesting history piece to have and hold.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just hold on to it Phaco...with the massive flood of these pistols someone is sure to start importing some or making it cheaper.
This is what I meant when I said the picture was radically changing. Basically, the Graf brass means that someone (probably Hornady) is making brass here domestically. Cheaper ammunition will likely follow. 7.62x25 shooters had to wait some time, but now Winchester makes this for $7-$8/box ("Metric Calibers" Series).

Speaking as a reloader, I would be very happy to let someone else use my equipment and pick my brains for a project like this. If you know someone who reloads, I bet they would be interested enough in the cartridge for its own sake to assist if you bought the dies and components.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Originally posted by Dennis
get a .32acp cylinder and shoot to your hearts content.
No thanks...don't like 'em...clam up PAPA G!

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I knew someone who had a set up I would buy the dies myself. Reloading is something I just don't know if I want to spend the money on to get started up.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
I still think cheaper ammo is coming down the pike...just be patient. ;)

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Originally posted by NRAJOE
No thanks...don't like 'em...clam up PAPA G!
and they bite!!!

where is all the surplus ammo for this gun??? there must be tons and tons of the stuff somewhere.:confused:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Unlike 7.62x25, 7.62 Nagant ammunition has not been manufactured for many decades. I have seen figures as high as sixty-seventy years. If this is true, then it wouldn't be worth shooting anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts