Name something useful to do with Panda Express chopsticks?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by d_p_holland, Sep 25, 2020.

1. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

I asked for clarification of what I deemed a veiled threat. You're not lightening up as I suggested.
    Few people here are enjoying your antagonistic position.

rando, K75RT and Stickman like this.
  2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist

I say take the chop sticks and shove them up 410dudes a$$!

3. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Take one and break it in half. Break it in half again and use two of these quarter-sticks (inserted in aft molars on each side) as an emergency safety stop in case Kamala Harris mistakes you for someone who could advance her political career.

Brother Bob and K75RT like this.
  4. 410dude

410dude G&G Evangelist

Then you could use them for toothpicks

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist

I doubt you make anybody happy with your presence, personally or online. Just my 2 cents. Been dealing with the public in my jobs since I was 12 years old. I’m now 64+ and I can smell a BS’er from a mile away. Most on here are the same. This is a tight knit family of gun lovers and Patriots who love this country and would be willing to go to war to protect this Republic. I have no idea what your agenda is here, but I advise you to tread softly. This forum is full of Veterans and Patriots.

6. 410dude

410dude G&G Evangelist

I've only replied when attacked. I have no agenda, but if you expect me to sit back and be attacked and do nothing, then you've got the wrong person. I'm 65+ and a gun lover and a vet, so maybe you should thread lightly and get off my back for having a difference of opinion .

7. chesterwin

Your tag line reads: "Let no man pull you so low as to hate him". Do you realize what you've done to yourself?

Stickman, goat roper and K75RT like this.
  8. 410dude

410dude G&G Evangelist

I hate no one. Standing up for oneself is not hate.

9. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

You posted earlier that you came here for the guns stuff and not the political bs.
    You then go into the political forum and repeatedly mouth off to those who appose your point of view. Did you forget your earlier statement or was it a lie of convenience. You are making trouble here.

10. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

This clown sounds like Rambo on steroids. At least Rambo was tolerable and made sense.

goat roper, Ron The Legend and TXplt like this.
  11. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

I always figure if'n someone lies about one thing, they'll lie about anything, so I don't give 'em a 2nd thought.:rolleyes:

12. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Returning to the chopsticks questions -- c'mon, guys, we are better than this name-calling -- you can do what I have done a time or two and use one as a peg to hold the tsuka onto the tang of Japanese katana or wakizashi. Just measure, trim, and tap it into place.

ncnascarlady, 410dude and Junction15 like this.
  13. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The bamboo chopsticks are a lot tougher and will hold up well.

Cyrano and ncnascarlady like this.
  14. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Lol thats why rice by itself when not mixed with other food is usually separate in the little handbowls.

You pick up the little bowl and move it to your mouth and sort of put the sticks under a clump of rice vs trying to pinch a clump of rice and scoop it out with the chopsticks into your mouth.
    ;)

Dang it now I'm hungry for some sesame chicken haha

ncnascarlady and rando like this.
  15. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Oh yeah. Sesame chicken or General Tso's.

ncnascarlady and TACAV like this.
  16. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I was so proud of my ability to make little rice clumps on my plate, or in my bowl, and eat them with chopsticks. Then I married into an Asian family and learned that they all eat rice with these veritable shovels:
    [​IMG]

On the bright side, I am the only one in our circle who can make progress eating rice with chopsticks, and I am also the only one who is ambidextrous with them.

ncnascarlady, Huey Rider and TACAV like this.
  17. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Lol im serious....

Look what you made me do!

I'm literally standing in the takeout Chinese food place thats a few blocks/short drive away from me as we speak. I ended up getting the roast pork egg foo young with fried rice. :p

Just waiting for it to get done.

...and their is a really loud overdramatic couple in here ordering. Like... obnoxious.:rolleyes:

ncnascarlady and rando like this.
  18. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

There are actually many different kinds of asian rice; Japanese rice tends to be really sticky and lends itself to eating with chopsticks easily. Chinese fast food not so much--especially when mixed with soy.

After awhile you become proficient enough that it really doesn't matter all that much. But if you are beginning Japanese is probably the easiest to start with.

ncnascarlady and TACAV like this.
  19. chesterwin

The thing I've found chopsticks useful for is plugging wallowed out screw holes. Short sections cut off and tapped in flush with a hammer allows the loose screw(s) to get a fresh, firm hold. Works great for loose door hinge screws.

I'm pretty good at eating with them too. I can pick up a single grain of rice. But unlike PHD, not with either hand.

ncnascarlady likes this.
  20. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Interesting. I've never had chop sticks available to me, so based on the size, I use toothpicks or whittle a peg.:)

chesterwin likes this.