close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

National Pistol Permits

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by colt45, May 9, 2002.

1. OK this is one that should get some blood boiling.
    Lets hear your veiws on a national pistol permit vers state issued or just no permit at all.
    I have gone through the hoops for my NY permit witch does not include NY city.cost $120.00 Total
    My PA permit (much less painfull)Cost $19.00
    If you can drive anywhere in the country with your states drivers lisence why not give the same to pistol permits.
    Lets hear your take.

2. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

License

I like the idea of a driver's license. Just have the states put a stamp on your driver's license whether or not you meet the requirements. It goes on everyone's license whether you are 99 yo or if you are 19, male or female. That way Instant check can be done away with and **** near everyone has a DL that is of gun age. If you become guilty of a crime just send a guy out to collect your license and reissue you a new one w/o the stamp. Better yet have them cut your license into and this will force you to get another one and prevent you from buying a gun

This way there will be no list of people since everyone who is eligible and has a dl will have the stamp.

The stamp would be permanent and not an actual sticker.

3. Didn't think of that one, I still think they could make a list though just truogh the back groung check of some sort.
    My thought was a country wide recognition of a states permit nation wide city to city so that if you get one in NY its good in CA. or like wise in any other state. Just like a drivers License.
    Just a thought.

4. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Colt45 I agree with you that we should just have national recognition and reciprocity of all licenses issued by each state. This would alleviate National Laws being involved my Tn permit covers me in many states and I picked up an NH Non Resident Permit ($20) to get me in AL without a problem the only state in the SE I am not covered in is NC

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

NO,NO,NO,! THE ONLY SYSTEM I AGREE WITH IS THE VERMONT WAY OF ANYONE 21 OR OLDER MAY CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON AS LONG AS THEY DON'T HAVE A FELONY! THE ONLY THING I WOULD IMPROVE UPON IS GOING TO A SAFETY CLASS EVERY 3 YRS AND HAVE TO SHOW THIS CARD TO LAW ENFORCEMENT SHOULD SOMETHING ARISE THAT YOU HAD TO PROVE YOU COULD CARRY. NO LICENSE! NO REGISTERING OF THE FIREARMS! THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS IS JUST THAT A RIGHT! ONCE YOU LICENSE SOMETHING IT IS NO LONGER A RIGHT BUT A PRIVLEGE AND PRIVLEGES CAN BE REVOKED! REGISTRATION IS JUST ONE STEP FROM CONFISCATION!

6. NRAJOE
    should we get lucky enough to get a system like you mention here. Isn't the safety class the same as permit to carry?
    there is still a way for the Gov. to track you, someone has to issue the safety card.
    while I do not like the idea of haveing my right to carry restricted in any way nor do I like haveing my hand guns registered. How do we keep those with feloneys from buying and or carring with out some sort of permit or back ground checks short of tatoing felon on their forheads.

Hay, thats it!

wounder how the civil rights groups would like that?

Don't get me wrong I'm not an advocate of hand gun registration or restricted carry, but as former LEO I do have to admit it does make it a little easyer to tell god guy from bad guy when they are not shooting at you.

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

IN MY OPINION NO I DON'T THINK ITS ALONG THE SAME LINES. IF YOU GET A RIGHT TO CARRY, THEN MORE THAN LIKELY YOU ARE CARRYING A FIREARM OR OWN ONE. IF YOU GO TO A SAFETY CLASS YOU MIGHT HAVE A GUN OR YOU MIGHT NOT. YOU COULD SHOW UP WITH A FRIENDS GUN FOR ALL THEY KNOW. I ALSO HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH OUR CURRENT BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR PURCHASE EXCEPT THAT ONCE CHECKED THE PAPERWORK WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DISTROYED INSTEAD OF KEPT LIKE THE DEMS WERE DOING. ASHCROFT IS TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF THAT. I BELIEVE THAT WHEN GOING FOR YOUR SAFETY CLASS YOU GET THE INSTANT CHECK JUST LIKE BUYING A GUN,THEN THE PAPERWORK IS DESTROYED. IF A FELON SHOWS UP FOR A CLASS HE IS ARRESTED JUST LIKE WHEN HE TRYS TO OBTAIN A GUN. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT OPINIONS AND A HOLES, OR IS THAT A HOLES WITH OPINIONS? I'VE BEEN ACCUSED OF BOTH. THANKS FOR BEING A FORMER LEO, THEY NEVER GET PRAISED ENOUGH. I HAVE FRIENDS THAT ARE CURRENT AND FORMER LEO'S MYSELF: BEST REGARDS NRAJOE.