1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
36,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
I didn't think anyone went to jail anymore. That's just too cruel......
We had a guy locally a couple of weeks back. He assaulted his estranged wife and was released with an appearance ticket. " Now you come back to court November 18th. OK ?"
He heads right out and shoots his wife in her car, with the two kids in the back seat.....
We're so screwed......

·
Registered
217 Posts
I didn't think anyone went to jail anymore. That's just too cruel......
We had a guy locally a couple of weeks back. He assaulted his estranged wife and was released with an appearance ticket. " Now you come back to court November 18th. OK ?"
He heads right out and shoots his wife in her car, with the two kids in the back seat.....
We're so screwed......
Sounds like New Yorks' cashless bail program. What is wrong with this picture ?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Oh, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. In Illinois cashless bail has been in place for a while and used a lot in Chicago. They even turn loose perps on gun charges and they go out and shoot somebody else. Happens regularly. Think you can't top that? Hang on for New Years day. At midnight on New Years Eve prisoners for "low level" crimes are to be released. So hundreds of felons will be roaming the streets looking to do more mischief. Now, what could possibly go wrong with that? The sheriffs should bus the inmates to the politicians house who voted this law into effect and at precisely midnight open the doors, kick them off, and drive away, AND take a looooooong time to respond to calls from those politicians. The only good thing is that I live a long way from Chicago and the counties in NE Illinois.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts