Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a little advice. Though I own a number of Rugers and am familiar with their legendary strength, I've never owned a semi other than a .22lr. I've got a chance to pick up an KP90 (Stainless .45) which, according to the owner, has had less than a box through it and is "99%". I'll be looking at it tomorrow. By the serial number, it shipped in February of '93 making it 14 years old. I know the KP90 is still in production and he has the orig hard case, the 2 mags, lock,cards,etc. and swears he bought it a couple years ago as a new gun from a reputable dealer here in the state. Only thing missing is the manual which can be downloaded from Ruger.com. He has swapped out the grips for Pachmyers. Now, I know about Taurus' reputation with some folks but I've had good luck with them. We're looking at an even swap; the KP90 for my Taurus PT100ss, 40 SW, LNIB. I checked with my LGS and got a yes based on value, Taurus vs. Ruger. OK folks, advice please. If it's condition is as he says, Yes or no?

Thanks.

Whoops! false alarm! Guy called - he was getting the Taurus for his wife - unbeknown to him, she bought another - so deals off. Think I'm a little relieved - the 14 years thing worried me. Taurus will remain on the market. Thanks again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts