need ar10 help.....HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by fullMetalJack, May 29, 2008.

1. fullMetalJack

fullMetalJack G&G Addict

alright fellas, i went to the dpms thforum and got no help. i know alot of yall have ar15 but the guys that have ar10s to i need help from yall. i have a dpms lr308t, i have everything tricked out , except i want a quad rail free float tube. i have just a regular tube. its carbine length high rise. i need to know how to take off the old one and put the new one on. where do i start? thanks again

2. Darkfront

Darkfront G&G Evangelist

There are DIY guides at ar15.com. It somewhat depends on which quad-rail you get. I'm looking into this myself. Good luck.

3. fullMetalJack

fullMetalJack G&G Addict

you two man. thanks for the advice. keep me posted . do you have a ar10 as well?

4. Darkfront

Darkfront G&G Evangelist

No, I have an AR-15, but it's virtually the same in terms of operation and construction.

5. I'm a M16 armorer. You might want to consider sending it n to DPMS. Putting a barrel back on is a real bear. I "played" with on for 3 hours before I said F-it and sent it back to the factory. Every time you tighten the barrel nut the **** barrel twists ever so little, then you can't adjust the sights