close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need Guru For ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Brkdnc, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Brkdnc

Brkdnc G&G Newbie

Friend has a winchester 1300 pump and it has a problem of when you fire the shell the bolt comes open about 1/2 of the way.
    Did a complete cleaning job on it, thought it might be a dirty bolt lock-up but it still does it.
    firearm only has a couple hundered shells thru it.

Any ideas what it might be? or is it ship back to wichester and have them fix it?

Thanks in advance for info

2. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Sounds like the lock lugs may be worn/stripped/broken.

When The pump is forward the slides should twist the bolt into the lugs at the end of thier travel. You should get a possitive lock.

I have only used the Rem 870 and thats how it works. Kinda guessing without pics or firearm.

3. Brkdnc

Brkdnc G&G Newbie

lugs look fine, gun is like brand new 4 years old but never shot untill a few months ago. It is a ducks unlimited version that was why it sat around for a few years never having been shot.
    at most 300 shell have been thru it.

4. sniperden

sniperden G&G Newbie

Brkdnc, I had one of these guns a few years ago, it did the same thing. I can't for the life of me remember what it is called,but they are suppose to do that. It's so you can get the next shot off faster. Kind of freaked me out too. I had a problem with it not cycling the action. It would work fine when warm out, but when it got cold , it wouldn't pump, even if i used both hands. SOLD IT!!!
    I think the name for that was Quickfeed or something like that.

5. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    its winchesters rotating bolt. suposed to help speed up the pumping action. personally dont care for it. i have one , and as soon as i get around to it will replace it with an 870-the remmington is definately a faster, and more reliable gun.