Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I am looking for a fun and reliable
.22 semi-auto pistol and have some ideas. I like the ruger mark series, the ruger 22/45, the browning buckmark, and the walther p22. Which one should I purchase and where can I get it for a good price (used is fine). Thanx.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Experience and time

Work to shoot a large number of handguns to get some experience then you will find what fits yuou best in terms of balance, trigger pull, etc. and that will be the gun for you.

Do not rush this process. Take time to find the right gun and it will give you much pleasure.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm in the market for a good .22 also. So, I asked the samething in poll a few weeks ago. You might want to checkout my earlier post. I found out a lot good information. A Buckmark, a Ruger Mark II or Mark III and a Beretta Neos U22 were the over all top choices. Any of the three would be a great choice.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
i suggest any of the ruger .22s please dont get talked into getting a sig masquito! it is a lemon so ammo spacific that you might as well by a bigger cal becouse ammo that works will cost you that much.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Seems like this question comes up a couple times per month. All three are nice pistols. But the Walther P22 is picky on ammo and not terribly accurate - it is still a fun little gun though. The Ruger and Buckmark are pretty much equal in all areas except the Ruger is a pain in the butt to disassemble and clean. The Buckmark is simple to disassemble, accurate and dependable - it really has no flaws that I can find. I own the P22 and Buckmark - sold my Ruger Mark III.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
They are all good

They are all good guns. Great used deals are pretty much a matter luck - being at the right place at the right time.

I would try to handle and fire each one to decide
what fits you the best.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I haven't been on this website to long, but I was wondering......Is there a record on how many times someone asks the same question??

·
Wonderment :)
33,588 Posts
answer

9mmfan: Sir; to my knowledge; as long as it's civil; questions re-asked are welcome.

A simple formula: some questioners; don't know vocabulary; some don't understand the answer, some just don't understand.

What it does for the 'Answer-err' more understanding about how they answer.

Both sides win.

Whitesox: Sir; I could write a book on why the Ruger MK11 andMK111; refraining; Good quality, good looks, backed by a good company; Good service policy,
Sir; find you one, you'll end up with something for the rest of your greatgrandchilderns life.

·
Registered
511 Posts
To: Neophyte, sir it is not my intention to offend Whitesox on this website. However, if you look at his profile you will see that one of his threads has been closed by the administrator. There must be a very good reason he has done this.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
contact the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms they have friendly staff waiting to help you just make sure you tell them, as you have mentioned in here the need for a realy cheap throw away pistol/revolver

To: Neophyte, sir it is not my intention to offend Whitesox on this website. However, if you look at his profile you will see that one of his threads has been closed by the administrator. There must be a very good reason he has done this.
he was looking for a realy cheap throw away 22 thats the thread that was locked I just happen to be in here when he made that statement and then later discovered that thread was locked.

IN refernce to whitesox: my adivse is to give no adivse! may save you some problems down the line???thats just my humble opinion

·
33,588 Posts
9mmfan: Sir; I'm puzzled. This has absolutely anything to do with the "WhiteSox"

I did a Goggle search of Chicago Gun shops.
For a place that bans.
8 shops came up some with shooting ranges.:34:
Sir; am I missing something?
My thoughts are not to be misconstrued ; nothing is intended as an attack.

A puzzle to me; I don't understand someone fill in the 'blanks' for me:34:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
9mmfan: Sir; I'm puzzled. This has absolutely anything to do with the "WhiteSox"

I did a Goggle search of Chicago Gun shops.
For a place that bans.
8 shops came up some with shooting ranges.:34:
Sir; am I missing something?
My thoughts are not to be misconstrued ; nothing is intended as an attack.

A puzzle to me; I don't understand someone fill in the 'blanks' for me:34:

Thanks
read his other posts you want to give him advise thats your choice? unless I have him confused with another ??????

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
mym1a, am I understanding this right? Because an administrator closed one of his posts you are not going to talk to him anymore? That doesn't sound like the friendliest gun forum on the internet. As long as he is a member here I will try to give the best advice I can. No offense meant because you are entitled to your opinion.

·
33,588 Posts
understanding

I read "since 1982 handguns are banned in Chicago" and I found 8 gunshops in Chicago

I'm out of this:

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think the attention this thread has received is really funny. But for someone who lives in Chicago it might not be funny to them at all.

I agree with neophyte, it does seem like a puzzle doesn't it? So I decided to find out the facts for myself, I called up a shooting range "outside" the city of Chicago. So maybe this will clear up any mis-understanding. What they told me is that not only is it against the law to buy a handgun inside the city, it is also against the law to even take a handgun inside the city of Chicago. If anyone wants to know about the handgun laws in Chicago I recommend calling:

Midwest Sporting Goods
8665 Plainfield Road, Lyons, Il 60534 Phone: 708-447-4848

·
33,588 Posts
Thanks

9mmfan: Sir; thanks. It still doesn't make sense.
There has to be some imaginary boundary?

I wonder how this will play out with the potential Supreme Court ruling.

·
Registered
511 Posts
9mmfan: Sir; thanks. It still doesn't make sense.
There has to be some imaginary boundary?

I wonder how this will play out with the potential Supreme Court ruling.
Your welcome, LOL, I'm just glad I don't live there.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Get anything but the sig and P22. Both are crap. My vote would be the Browning buckmark for the same reasons as stated by SilveRun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts