Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My Father gave me a Savage Model 99E about 10 years back with factory mounted Weaver mounts. They are a 2 piece set and the base is attached to the ring with a hinge. This allows you to lean the scope over to the left when cleaning I guess. Here is the problem though. I want to put a 3-9X40mm scope on it and the rings are low. (they fit his old 32mm scope. Keep in mind that because of the design of the rifle...the rear Base is taller that the front Base. The rings will be the same height. (medium for a 40mm scope).

Question: Does anybody have modern mounts/bases on a 99E? And what are they?

Ok...for NON 99E owners...I've looked...Burris has the 1pcs SU99R base and Weaver has the 2 pcs Rear #14 and Front #19. I've looked it up.

But the pictures don't show the rear base/mount being taller. I'm looking for someone with a Savage 99E to tell me what they actually have on their rifle that works. Anybody?

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Bushpilot...In the future please post only one identical message (or thread title) on the forum. That still makes it available for any G&G member to read.

Thanks,

Oxford, Moderator

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,

My Father gave me a Savage Model 99E about 10 years back with factory mounted Weaver mounts. They are a 2 piece set and the base is attached to the ring with a hinge. This allows you to lean the scope over to the left when cleaning I guess. Here is the problem though. I want to put a 3-9X40mm scope on it and the rings are low. (they fit his old 32mm scope. Keep in mind that because of the design of the rifle...the rear Base is taller that the front Base. The rings will be the same height. (medium for a 40mm scope).

Question: Does anybody have modern mounts/bases on a 99E? And what are they?

Ok...for NON 99E owners...I've looked...Burris has the 1pcs SU99R base and Weaver has the 2 pcs Rear #14 and Front #19. I've looked it up.

But the pictures don't show the rear base/mount being taller. I'm looking for someone with a Savage 99E to tell me what they actually have on their rifle that works. Anybody?
bushpilot ! regarding your problems with your scope rings , i have a pair of brand new Simmons scope rings that will fit your scope and will mount to your 99e with no problems . I'll give them to you for free if you want them ? just let me know ? I'm not sure if I can post my personal email address on here or not , but respond to this post and we can work out the details o.k. ? GOOD HUNTING , FORREST..................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts