Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here from lebanon and joined to find out more about my late grandfather's guns. I was clearing out his home with my uncle when I found out 2 antique guns stashed away. I know the bigger one is a blunderbuss but not sure about the pistol. Any help about their history or date is much appreciated, or help of how I could potentially restore them.

The blunderbuss metal parts are in good condition but the wood has blackened (not sure if it was like that originally) and some minor parts crumbled away as dust. The smaller one is rusted and the black metal (not sure what type) has some cracks in it. Also it has a huge screw like object in the barrel shown in the pic, any idea what it is and if it can be removed. Ty for any help. I can take more pictures if necessary.
Wood Textile Hardwood Leather Metal
Gas Auto part Machine Metal Human leg
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle chain Tread Wood
Watch Hand Automotive lighting Gesture Clock

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
i agree fakes and burnt,, like maybe 4-5 American dollars worth of a good story if you can come up with one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After unscrewing the pistol i have to agree it's probably a wallhanger but here are some more pics to make sure. I say this partly because even after I removed the screw there was still stuff inside (not sure if it is removable) andpartly because my mom showed me a pic of a stand my granpda had that showed his jambiya and daggers with these guns near them and some obvious fake spears for show.
It did have some name on the trigger that I couldn't quite get on camera and it is a bit rusted away so it's not too clear, I think it says foreign or fof origin or something like that, maybe it's french I'm not to sure. And the rode in the back can be rotated and removed and contains a spring inside.
Sleeve Wood Finger Automotive tire Gas
Wood Circle Hardwood Macro photography Navel
Wood Sleeve Material property Twig Tints and shades
Handle Artifact Wood Household hardware Font
Hand Finger Wood Writing implement Nail

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
However for the blunderbuss in the pic it did appear to be in a pristine condition (before the house burned with it unfortunately) and as far as I can tell it has the components of a blunderbuss, I'll provide more pics so you guys make sure. It is it is in fact a geniune gun is there a way to replace the wood?

I'm not interested in the price I'm just curious about the stuff my grandpa had, I plan to keep it just for sentimental value as they're valuable to me just like an antique would be. Also barbary pirates weren't from lebanon but north africa, most antique guns you'd find here are in the ottoman balkan style or imported french and venetian.
Thanks guys for all the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,513 Posts
However for the blunderbuss in the pic it did appear to be in a pristine condition (before the house burned with it unfortunately) and as far as I can tell it has the components of a blunderbuss, I'll provide more pics so you guys make sure. It is it is in fact a geniune gun is there a way to replace the wood?

I'm not interested in the price I'm just curious about the stuff my grandpa had, I plan to keep it just for sentimental value as they're valuable to me just like an antique would be. Also barbary pirates weren't from lebanon but north africa, most antique guns you'd find here are in the ottoman balkan style or imported french and venetian.
Thanks guys for all the help.
If you or someone you know is a good woodworker it shouldn't be hard to make new stocks and such to replace them. However I am not sure I would do that unless it is too far gone to survive.

·
Registered
21,264 Posts
After unscrewing the pistol i have to agree it's probably a wallhanger but here are some more pics to make sure. I say this partly because even after I removed the screw there was still stuff inside (not sure if it is removable) andpartly because my mom showed me a pic of a stand my granpda had that showed his jambiya and daggers with these guns near them and some obvious fake spears for show.
It did have some name on the trigger that I couldn't quite get on camera and it is a bit rusted away so it's not too clear, I think it says foreign or fof origin or something like that, maybe it's french I'm not to sure. And the rode in the back can be rotated and removed and contains a spring inside. View attachment 168782 View attachment 168783 View attachment 168784 View attachment 168785 View attachment 168786
That's kinda cool, it is an old lighter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts