Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

I am new to these boards, and am looking forward to the wealth of info that other shooters and hunters can offer!

I need some help, I have an older Marlin Glenfield Model 60 that I am looking for accessories for. (ie. laminated stock etc.) It was my first gun and I want to really get it looking nice as I want to pass it on to my son one day.

Any ideas on who might specialize with these nice .22's!?!

I've taken many a squirrel and rabbit with this rifle and I want my boy to do the same. Any Help is grealy appreciated!

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,016 Posts
Do a Google search on "Marlin Firearms", and you'll find the company's websight. Go to the "store" and you'll find the stocks listed. They do sell a Laminated stock for the Model 60.
Other companies make synthetic Dragunov-style stocks - Ramline comes to mind right off hand. Check with the Shotgun News - they show lots of these companies and their products. :)
Truth is, there aren't a whole lot of goodies available for the old 60.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help.

You're right though, theres not a whole lot for the old 60's. I was hunting around pretty much all day though and did come up with an interesting company. It's called Boydsboys and they make the laminated stock I was looking for. It's for the Ruger 10/22 but in researching their site a little better they said that they can do special orders if you send them the old stock on any action you want.

They have a REALLY nice stock based on the 10/22 that I think I'm going to go with. I just want something nice for my boy when he grows up.

They have some really beautiful stocks though, so did Elk Ridge Rifle stocks. Saw some really cool stuff as I was searching.

A question though, How effective is glass beading to the stock especially on something light like a .22? Would it be worth it to glass bed the new set-up?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Most 22s shoot well enough for the average shooter. It is what you are willing to do to get it to drive tacks. If the rifle has a barrel band and you keep it on the barrel don't waist you time. Finding the correct ammo is the most important thing in a 22 rf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts