Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of trigger job would I need to do to shorten the trigger travel distance or can I even do that? I just notice the distance could be shorter.I know the pull weight can be changed but Im talking about the actual distance from start of pull to bang. I know this is probably common knowledge to some of you but I know just enough to clean and keep mine up.Im by no means a gunsmith.Thanks to anyone who can help.Feel free to PM me.

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts
Eric,
The trigger pull cannot be shortened using the stock set up as the rearward movement of the trigger cocks and then releases the striker.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric,
The trigger pull cannot be shortened using the stock set up as the rearward movement of the trigger cocks and then releases the striker.
Thank you very much.I knew the striker was partially cocked by the trigger pull so I should have know the shortening it would be impossible.The Glock trigger is really good as is so Ill just get used to it the more I shoot it.
Thanks for your help,it's much appreciated

·
Wonderment :)
32,598 Posts
Glock ''connectors''

Eric76; Sir; their are many companys that offer the ''part'' to shorten the pull. Simple to replace, fairly cheap too.
One of the major issues with Glock and any that have the ?same? type part, is over-travel
The next time you shoot, see how much more to the rear the trigger travels after boom happens. It is quite a distance. {takes more time to come back on target}
With a proper ''connector'' and trigger over-travel screw; you can reduce this greatly; safely.
Yes; I have Glocks, with ''changed'' parts:)

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Great info, guys! I too have a 19 and that length is quite lengthy! Not easy to double tap with that trigger.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Here's about the best thing you can do to replace the GLOCK trigger if you don't like how it is stock.

GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel

And if you're going to do that, might I also suggest replacing the guide rod with this one. And you can also pick and choose a spring to fine tune it after you replace the trigger.

I went with this guide rod. but I didn't change my trigger or anything. I've got the G35 and like the trigger just fine.

Glock Stainless Steel Guide Rod - GlockStore.com

And as I said, if you'd like to you can find tune it a little more by getting a lighter, or heavier guide rod spring?

Competition Recoil Spring for Glocks - GlockStore.com

And as you'll see, they have a tungsten guide rod available in both the guide rod and spring or guide rod and specific colored springs?

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
If you look at Neophyte's picture of the Glock connector, the angled piece on the upper left determines how hard the trigger pull will be. The more shallow the angle, the easier the pull. The sharper the angle, the harder the pull. The back of the trigger bar hits that angled piece, then is "pushed" down as it continues. When it goes down, it releases the striker. You cannot make the trigger 'shorter"

·
Registered
130 Posts
really interesting thread! this is the reason why i keep coming back to this forum

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
really interesting thread! this is the reason why i keep coming back to this forum
I agree I got alot of useful info. and much appreciated help form folks here. Thanks alot guys for your help and for pointing me in the right direction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts