Need help with a recreation.

Discussion in 'Savage' started by Super Toaster, Aug 19, 2010.

1. My Grandpa is always telling me stories of my great Grandpa and his hunting prowess. Here's the story of which this project is based off of:

My great Grandpa owned a model 99 Savage in 250-3000 that was handled so much the blue was almost gone. While painting his home he had extra paint left over, in the color of a robins egg, so he painted his gun. He said that many would say "If the Blue Bird chirps, dinners on the other end."

I know this isn't a lot to go off of but I'm trying to be stealthy about this, I KNOW I would get a tear filled reaction:147:. Most of what I find on the internet are collectors guns, not some hunters rifle.

Any advice for sites (all I need is a functional gun with a good bore), I've tried gunbroker , or paint would be great.

2. dman24

dman24 G&G Newbie

Keep checking gunbroker. You can also check pawn shops and gun shows as well. I am not sure how much you are going to have to pay, but the way it sounds it will be worth it with a tear filled reaction and all. Some things are just priceless.

3. rlrm777

rlrm777 G&G Newbie

Fla
    Also try AuctionArms and Gunsamerica.

4. Here's one on this page and as I type this you may can find the same rifle at Cabela's.

I just Googled the gun and presto. Get ready for sticker shock LOL.

Savage 99 Rifles - GunsInternational.com

5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I believe we have a Savage M99 in 250-3000, used, in our Shop. I'll check it out tomorrow.

6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

We do in fact have a Savage M99 in 250-3000 in decent shape for $650.