Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an enfield marked (1906 shtle 1***).I know nothing about enfield,I was thinking maybe someone out there could help me ID this rifle.And with the back site all the way down it still shoots about 6in. high at 50 yd. I want to put a scope on it but,I don't know what mount to use or where to buy it.There are four screw holes to the left of the bolt,I was thinking that maybe a side mount of some kind.Can anyone help,thanks.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I show in Ian Skennertons, The Enfield Story, The only scope mount on left side of receiver is by Periscopic Prism Co. out of England showing mount on left side of receiver to have five holes. Could be someone had attempted a bubba scope mounting job and gave up. All other WWI sniper rifles front mounts attached to top of barrel and rear sight protector. Have a M1D at fifty yrds aim for bottom of target, hits about 6" high. bullet holes all but touch each other. mdj696

All other scope mounts adopted for use on the MarkIII were Purdy mounts andWhitehead mounts for the A-5 Winchester scope. Good luck mdj696

1 - 2 of 2 Posts