Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, The Front Sight on my 91/30 I just now noticed leans to the left a little like its bent or something. Is there anyway to straighten these things cause I have abosolutely no idea. And I really dont want to have to compensate for it when shooting cause that just plain sucks. Kind of glad I noticed this BEFORE i took it to the range. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Both my Mosins are like that. Pretty sure that's how the Russians sighted them in. Instead of moving the whole sight, they just bent the post one way or the other.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
none of my mosins have a bent post.
take it to the range and shoot it before you try and straighten it though. a pair of needle nose pliers ought to be enough to straighten it back up.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not just a bent post the Globe leans to the left at least thats what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Sober, Take the thing out and shoot it. It is is possible that the sight has been adjusted. you are worring too much go have fun and shoot your gun if it doesnt not shoot to point of aim then start concidering modifications.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sober, Take the thing out and shoot it. It is is possible that the sight has been adjusted. you are worring too much go have fun and shoot your gun if it doesnt not shoot to point of aim then start concidering modifications.
Thanks man I get that alot I constantly over think stuff its a blessing AND a curse sometimes. Guess there is only one way to find out !!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bring a hammer. Hold it up in front of your rifle before you shoot. Explain what happens if it is off. Put the hammer down, within reach.

THEN shoot. :)

Be safe.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bring a hammer. Hold it up in front of your rifle before you shoot. Explain what happens if it is off. Put the hammer down, within reach.

THEN shoot. :)

Be safe.
When all else fails threatining to bash one with a hammer is always an option...... Ill have to try that, works with my computer why wouldn't it work with the Mosin LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts