Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I have my 12ga Prandelli -gasperini Gardone V.t. that I have never shot (a shame I know), I am wondering if there is a limit on the ammo I can use??? I am going out shooting Birds that are attacking my friens fig trees so i dunno what to use and if there is only a certain ammoI can use in this gun as it is a bit old (but in A1 cond) cause someone told me that there is markings on the gun that tell me what ammo and that modern ammo may not be ok for it, even tho the previous owner used it several times.
I appreciate any help guys
Cheers
jas
Here is some pics of it:

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
You have a nice Prandelli shotgun...Keep it in as good of shape as you can...it is worth between 550-800 bucks.
Use 2-3/4 Inch low brass 7-1/2 or 8 shotshells...1oz. or 1-1/8 oz loads and you should be just fine...
Rich

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I'd sugest having it checked over by a 'smith due to age, but it looks fine. You didn't say what guage it is so I'm assuming 12 ga., I'm guessing it's probably chambered for 2 3\4" ammo. A good 'smith can verify all of this for little or possible no cost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks guys, I appreciate the help (check the first sentence for my 12ga thing) ;)

Ok I am in Australia so ill do the conversions..lol im hopeless with imperial

I currently have a Box of 12ga ammo here by PMC Optima and on the box it says;

Cal.12-70mm (2-3/4in)

and under that it has : Shot Size 7 1/2

On the cartridge it says;

12 gauage 3 DRAM

7 1/2

1250fps 1 oz

I am going for a hunt tomorrow for birds, what size shot should i use?

Make sense?

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
thanks guys, I appreciate the help (check the first sentence for my 12ga thing) ;)
Ok I am in Australia so ill do the conversions..lol im hopeless with imperial
I currently have a Box of 12ga ammo here by PMC Optima and on the box it says;
Cal.12-70mm (2-3/4in)
and under that it has : Shot Size 1 1/2
Make sense?
No, It doesnt ...not 1 1/2.....
Rich

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Ooops, sorry I missed the 12 ga. reference. Have fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey everyone,
just found your site while searching for info on prandelli shotguns so thanks for all the research that`s already been done!!
haven`t bought the gun yet, but am very impressed by the look, feel and condition of it, very nice engraving and coloured action.
& what seems a very reasonable price.
i`ll check it out again in the next few days and return here with any questions i may have!!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
prandelli makes a nice shotgun. I really would like to have a exposed hammer side by side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts