Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been shooting a little more regularly lately, a good thing for my skills, a bad thing for my ammo suppy.

im dangerously close to the 1000 round mark for my ar-15. that includes .223 and 5.56, i plan to focus more on 5.56 going forward, thats what the gun was made for and there usually isnt a price difference. Dicks has 5.56 for like 6.99/20 rounds. not too bad of a price.

that and 9mm, also low on 9mm. I find that i shoot those to the most. i only have about 250 .380 but thats enough to last a loong time. I soot a mag or two a few times a year, just to keep in practice and it functioning. its a defense gun, not a range gun.

I really got in the habit of not shooting the .22lr guns during the ammo shortage and still dont shoot them like i used to. yesterday i shot 1 50 round box of ammo through my pistol and about 50 rounds through my 10/22. thats it! I just wanted to shoot them to again, function check and sharpen my skills.

the good news is ammo is relatively easy to find and reasonable priced in my neck of the woods.

I've always had a 1500 round ammo min on ar ammo, enough to use for defense and barter a little if needed. I want to get back up to that level and be able to shoot every other month or so.

so, thanks for bearing with me for the preceding ammo rant.

·
God, Guns, Glory
34,232 Posts
Sounds like a trip to Walmart's is needed. :D

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a trip to Walmart's is needed. :D
Ammo retailers are so fickle.
Walmart has hit or miss invnetory, when they do have what i want its always a good price though.

I have a bass pro near me with good selection and prices on everything but 5.56...
but they have 9mm, .22lr and .380 out the wazoo...

dicks has the 5.56 i need though so they are all near me. I hate paying shipping on ammo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts