close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need opinion on AMMO purchase

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Anthony, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Anthony

Anthony G&G Newbie

I own a Bushy M4 clone and I just finally used up all 500 rds of Wolf ammo. Didn't have one problem with the Wolf stuff but at a gun show I came across a guy selling the South African 300rds in a battlepack for $35. Is that stuff woth buying or is there better for same or little more. I kinda want to stay clear of Wolf for the steel.
    Thanks
    Anthony

2. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    Go to this website http:www.aaconsult.com/ammoreview/
    duck223 recomended it to me when I asked about SS109(see a few threads down). A friend of mine shoots the South African and likes it, only down side though is it kinda stinks.
    -Tim

3. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

The South African stuff shoots great in my M-96 and it is relaodable...

4. ananab

ananab G&G Newbie

i bought the 300 rd. pack of south african stuff at a show and have almost gone thru it all... no problems whatsoever. i like it (especially cause it's cheap, but works well) but i'm not sure that it is reloadable, the primers are crimped if you lof carefully. i think that you can reload it, but you need something called a "suage" to smoth out the hole for the primer. but really, at $45 per 300, do you really need to reload?

5. Paul I

Paul I G&G Newbie

Just bought a case of lake city from ammoman.com little pricer but they say it's great

6. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

Much / most military surplus ammo has crimped primer . This has nothing to do with being reloadable . It only means there is one extra step , the first time you reload it .

If you do not reload , save the brass , many people will take it off your hands for you .

Wyr
    God Bless

PS Think I bought a thousand or two rounds od South African for Y2K . Still stacked up in the garage with other reloading & gun stuff . Will probably get around to shooting it sometime . :)