Colt Need opinions on .45 colt clone

Discussion in 'Colt' started by Aarant, May 15, 2008.

1. Aarant

Aarant Guest

Had a friend call me yest. and told me about a 1991 colt for 450. I went to where he was and looked at it. Its a colt slide w/ essex frame. I don't know much about the frame. With a lil TLC it will be a good looking piece.
    My question is, Is it worth the 450.00? It will have to have a few modifications done to it to fit my wants. So is the cost really worth it?

2. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Thats a ballpark price. Whether it was worth it would depend on fit/finish/ and how well it worked. I have an Essex-RemRand and it's a honey of a shooter. May not look great, but it is a great functioning gun.

3. Aarant

Aarant Guest

thanks got something else in the works also( didn't happen till after I posted this) I need to find a bushingless barrel that will fit a Safari Arms frame. I have looked on the net w/o much success. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

4. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

There may be a lesson to be learned there...don't buy a gun where parts replacements are a problem.

5. Aarant

Aarant Guest

VERY VERY true. A friend was given a few parts to assemble ( about 3 guns worth) was looking at getting one out of it. M14 after brousing the market for several hrs. I really have to agree with ya!

6. You can buy a new Taurus Dan Wesson or Charles Daley for 500

Try Brownells for the barrel