close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need parts for a Savage model 1914 .22 rifle

Discussion in 'Savage' started by Old timer, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Old timer

Old timer G&G Newbie

Guy's: I need parts for a savage model 1914 pump .22 rifle. It belonged to my late father. I would like to put it in shooting condition if at all possible. I am looking for individual parts or incomplete guns. I don't need any of the wood. I don't have a diagram to list individual parts. If anyone has such a thing I would be interested in that as well. I could then list those parts that are missing.

Thanks, Charlie

2. swamprat

swamprat G&G Newbie

Check Numrich Gun Parts drawing of a Savage model 29a and see if it is like yours. A model 1914 by my books is a auto loader not a pump.

Swamprat

3. Old timer

Old timer G&G Newbie

Swamprat: Thank you for the reply. I shall look at the Numrich web site. I went there once and found nothing. With the new information I shall give it another try. As far as the model number goes I got it off the barrel just in front of the receiver. The barrel is hexagonal with a 1907 date near the makers name. It is without a doubt a pump. I have been looking for schematic drawings of the early savages to try and nail down the exact model, etc.. At this point I have little to go on. Again, I thank you for the reply. Like I said I shall visit Numerich to see what they have under the 29a. Take care & good health. Charlie

4. swamprat

swamprat G&G Newbie

Charlie,
    Is your savage a tube feed or a magazine fed pump? And is the date 1914 or 1907? You might have a model 1903.

Swamprat

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  5. cma g21

cma g21 G&G Regular

6. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

7. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

8. Old timer

Old timer G&G Newbie

Swamprat, Cma g21, Oldjarhead & Toolman: Thanks for the answers. I visited all the sites listed. There is hope in them hills. To answers some of the questions you had Swamprat about the cartridge feeding. The rifle is tube fed. I went to one of the Numerich arms site listing the 1903 parts. They had a breakdown of the parts. The rifle itself looks and breaks down like the 1903 model. It is however tube fed. I don't know what this means exactly. Perhaps it is a transition model or they made them in both styles. The markings on the barrel just in front of the receiver says: Model 1914, 22 S. L. LR.. Just in front of the rear sight it is marked: Manufactured by Savage Arms Co. Utica, N.Y. USA, second line: Patented December 25, 1906. Others Pending. I had earlier stated it was marked 1907. I am mistaken on this. I can only say it was a brain fart, sorry.

I have contacted all suppliers listed. I am hoping they come back with positive answers. Thanks to all that have responded. I shall keep all updated.

Thanks & Good health to all, Charlie

9. baldeagle48

baldeagle48 G&G Newbie

Ive been looking for parts for a model 25 and am having the same problem.it is also a tube fed pump. Same as you my dad gave it to me when I was a kid about 50 years ago. It got left out in the weather and corroded all the inside parts.Cant seem to find anyone with parts. Ive seen a couple of them on Gunbrokers for sale but it would not be like having the origial back. Sentimental value you know.

10. Old timer

Old timer G&G Newbie

Baldeagle48: I understand the sentimental thing. I only wish I knew what my dad had done with the missing parts for the rifle I have.

On another note what does the model 25 look like? I shall keep my eye open for parts etc. I am assuming it is a savage. I like 22's in general. They are cost effective and fun.

I haven't heard from any of the parts folks I wrote from the above thread. I shall give it another go after the holidays just incase things are moving a bit fast for them at present. I hope to have more information and pictures by then as well. Take care and good luck on your restoration.

Merry Christmas

Charlie

11. baldeagle48

baldeagle48 G&G Newbie

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  12. Old timer

Old timer G&G Newbie

Baldeagle48: Thank you for the picture. The rifle you have is identical to the one I have. I have visited the links you posted above. I can't thank you enough. I now have a chance to complete this rifle. Thanks!!

I wish they still made firearms as beautiful as the model 25 and others of that period. When you cycle them they have a certain solid sound to them. It is like slamming the door on a new car, if you know what I mean. I am looking forward to taking this rifle to the range some day.

Take care & all have a very Merry Christmas,

Charlie

13. baldeagle48

baldeagle48 G&G Newbie

Glad i could help a lttle Charlie, Im hoping I can find all the parts for mine too someday, Merry christmas to you and yours. Jim

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted