Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lady I know is selling her late husbands guns ( long story) and she has a nice m1 garand that is missing the butt plate that I need to find a fair value for. I cannot find a date on barrel just arlington arsenal and thats it. I am guessing it is a rifle made from parts or has had a new barrel installed. Anyway what isa a fair range in price for it? It is real clean other than the lost butt plate

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
That is a tough question to answer, the last mixmaster I saw went for 600.00 and it was complete.
Butt plates are available.
I would check it out thoroughly before making an Offer on it.
Rich

·
I don't take prisoners...
3,885 Posts
Arlington Arsenal is an importer stamp. Many, many of those imported in the late 80's were completely worn out. It would need a real good evaluation as to barrel condition, and then one on overall condition. If below par, it would be worth less than $600 since it would need to be rebarrelled.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
We do not have enough detail. While I agree with the above posts, certain parts in that mix could change the value - a nicely cartouched stock or an IHC receiver for example.

For a mix-masterSA import, I would only pay about $400 for the parts.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Since its a Import with a unknown condition of the barrel, If you could get it really cheap say around $350.00 it would be OK. Otherwise I personally would pass

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Yeppers as stated above I wouldnt pay to much for it. Also Arlington may have had barrels made as one of my Tankers was marked that way and no other markings on it. Pull back the op rod and see if anything is there if not it is a afermarket barrel and not a bad thing. Take a U.S. 3006 round and see how much is showing when you set the tip in the muzzle end. You want to see at least 1/16th of the barrel to be worn but shootable and 1/8th or better to be good to best. Rick B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts