Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been wanting to start reloading again. I was talking to my neighbor and he said "hold on Ive got just what you need" he rumaged around in his garage and handed me a hornady pro-7 progressive press with all the accessories. I offered to pay for it and he said no, it was there for 15 years and he didnt use it much. My question is is this a good press, and are parts still available, and manual?, it seems built really well and was Im sure very expensive in its day. Also is this press still made?, is it a keeper?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Info on reloading

There is a good list for bullseye shooters that I subscribe to. There has been heap big amount of discussion on reloading equipment, techniques, bullets, etc. Try this link:

List Home Page:
http://www.lava.net/~perrone/bullseye
(General info and announcements, policy on off-topic messages, links, etc.)

List Archive:
http://www.escribe.com/sports/bullseye/
(Check here first for answers to common questions.)

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
hey 7mm, the price is right, take it and then figure it out. for free you cannot go wrong. :cool:

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
thats a good press and thats a great friend ya got there bro! you should get him and his wife a nice christmas gift. wish i had some friends like that!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think you will find that this is what is called a terret press. Having room for 4 or more dies. Its a ok press as long as the terret is solid. I haven't looked at presses in a long time sence I bought Dillon equiptment. This is not a add but it makes no sence not to buy Dillon unless you get it for nothing. Life time no BS garrentee. I went the wrong route the first time but finally saw the light.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
i dont know anything about the hornady press, but i absolutely agree with mr hollingsworth. if you want to do progressive reloading dillon is the way to go , either the 550b or 650xl would be the choice depending on what you want to do. ive had a 650xl for a few years and that thing will crank out some ammo.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The 450 and 550 are both excelent choices when looking for hi quality reloads. I still use a single stage press for target work but for pistol, (pin shooting) I use a 650 with auto case feed. I have three dillons set up because I am basicely lazy and don't like changing dies. Two are 650s with case feeds for 45and 40s&w and 9/mm and the imfamous 38 Stupid. square deal for 357-38- sense I switched to dillon i have never had a misfire or a cartrage with no powder which are famous for the Lee progressive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Free is good, assmumming it works. If you ever decide to buy any reloading equipment, look for used Dillon in ANY shape. Their Lifetime NO BS warranty is just that. They will send you the parts no charge, or rebuild the entire press if you mail it to them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts