Need some info

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Eric, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Eric

Eric Guest

I am in the middle of retro-fitting my new Gold Cup. I want to replace the dovetail front sight. I want one that is angled forward (so it doesn't snag), I want it serrated (so it doesn't glare), I want a white dot (so I can see the dang thing). Brownell's probably has exactly what I want. My problem: I have no idea what the measurements are. I don't have the tools to measure either. All I need is height and width and dovetail cut. Does anybody know? It has the colt version of the BO-MAR sights. The gun is less than 3 years old. This is the only thing I really lack, can somebody help me or send me in the right direction. TIA!

2. I would call Cylinder and Slide. They can help you.

3. Eric

Eric Guest

Thanks! I need someone to call, Colt isn't being any help.

4. I really dont think Colt gives a sh it anymore. When the stopped makeing automatic firearms(pitolas) I think that they really dropped the ball. The basically shot themselves in the foot, allowing S&W to influence them in backing down to anti-gun lobby groups.

5. dave375hh

dave375hh Guest

Eric,

Brownells has an online tech help you can access from their website. You send the question and they research it and e-mail you back with the answer.

www.brownells.com

6. Eric

Eric Guest

Now Dave, that sounds like the ticket. There are certain things about living in these times that are nice, not many, but some. THANKS!