Need Your Help/Opinion Again

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mon Bathan, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Mon Bathan

Mon Bathan Guest

Hey guys,

I am planning to buy a new piece. I want a 45 caliber pistol and I am caught trapped between a lot of options. I really want to buy the 1911 but some of my friends are recommending the berreta or glock.

Trusting your knowledge and experience on these pistols which one should I really buy? Cost is not a question, I just want to know the edge of these pistols over the other (durability, performance, looks, etc.).

Thanks in advance for your help/opinion.

Mon

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Well, I'm a dedicated 1911 man, but that thing gets prety heavy if you want to carry. A friend of mine is a Glock fanatic (he's got nine now!) and I've shot all three calibers - 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP. All shot well, and I was really surprised how well the compact .45 did. It would be my choice for a carry piece.
    Regarding the Berreta, I've shot the nine, but not the .45 yet. The reviews I've read were favorable.

:target:

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I'm a big fan of Kimber, but I also own a Glock 21. It's excelleny as well. I was amazed at how well it shoots, little felt recoil etc. 1911's sure are more aestheticly pleasing though.

4. Mon Bathan

Mon Bathan Guest

Thanks to both of you. I'll try to do some shooting with these pistols for me to know better. At least I know now that they are all worthy.

Mon

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Don't rule out the Springfield Armory .45's! Most come with all the bells and whistles included for a very good price! :gangster:

6. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

That's a good point Joe. Those Springfield's come "loaded" for about $200 less than a Kimber w/ bells and whistles. I love my Kimber, but my dad gave it to me. I couldn't afford it otherwise.....

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I like Kimbers also but they are a little pricey. I got a Springfield V-12 with the ported 5 inch barrel in stainless steel for only $800 with tax!

8. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Paid more than that for My Kimber Custom Royal (andonized blue). I'm might look into a Springfield for a concealer. Maybe one of those compacts. Course, my son will need to graduate college first. Let's hope we still are able to own guns 20 years from now!

9. guffster

guffster Guest

I prefer a Sig P220-combat ready out of the box. My brother inlaw has a Glock, they're great guns, I just never liked the feel of them. The HK .45 USP compact is another winner in my book.