Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I've had a nef 243 single shot since I first started hunting I've had awesome luck with but I don't use it anymore but I saw a mod that caug my eye an ati stock and was wondering what you all thought about it

Attachments

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
My personal opinion? I would spend the money on something else.
If you have your heart set on doing that, then by all means go ahead. But to me that would still be a break action single shot - which is just fine as is.
In fact, I think all that hardware would slow down a quick reload if you need a follow-up shot.

But as I always say, that's why they make so many flavors of ice cream.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Whats it look like now?

Personally, I bought a fancy ATI stock for my ruger 10/22 and its not back in the original stock. its not worth it unless you really like it and want it. even still its questionable. Think of the ammo you could buy for that money.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Will this make you use the rifle again? What was it about the rifle that stopped you from using it before? Will you continue to use it once the new cool factor wears off? Your money and you ultimately have to live with your choice. Personally I wouldn't bother trying to dress up a single shot rifle that I don't use anymore to look like a tactical rifle. I would save the money and spend it on something more useful to me.

·
Registered
13,783 Posts
my nephew has one on his 30.06 handi-rifle. He seems to like it, but I detest it, weird on a single-shot, and feels flimsy, too much movement, just not my thing, I vastly preffered his factory stock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts